Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
People crying because every signing isn’t a marquee signing?

how’s Kean worked out?
How’s Rodriguez worked out?
Klasssen Ajax captain
Etc etc

it’s like some are so dozy they can’t remember past yesterday.

Well... just cautious I think.

The same reaction was given to Gana back in the day. If we bring in 'proper' signings too then these three will be looked at in context.

Leon Bailey mentioned by the Athletic

As said lets wait and see before the window closes before claiming we are skint etc.

We have a tendancy to only sign squad fillers first - if we go into the season with Gray, Iwobi & Townsend as just options off the bench and have proven quality in the starting 11 brought in I dont know how you cant be happy.

I'll only be fuming if Gray or Townsend are starting games for us as first 11 players but we dont know that yet especially with Benard looking to be on his way out and Iwobi looking more like he's playing central under Benitez.

You keep stating Townsend is average like that's a fact. It isn't obviously. I know one Palace supporter. He's not upset to see Townsend gone and replaced by a 19 year old with no experience at this level. Take it for what you will.

I don't really put stock into how supporters rate players anyway. Passion leads to crazy things. People were saying two years ago that Bernard would be a useful player for any team in the league. Now he's not a useful player for any team in any reasonable league on the entire continent. He was always this bad but the passion for Everton allowed people to see it different.

I really don't understand either signing unless we're just completely out of money. And if we are I'm always going to side with the talented reclamation project over the washed up nothing player. It doesn't mean I like either.

Really if you want to know why I'm not into Townsend though the simple answer is Josh King. Not to be a prick but I was very right about Josh King.
Townsend is an odd one. Never really been a standout on club form (but always seems to score worldies against Man City); but I remember a run of games he had for England and he was the best player on the field by miles.

Burnley wanted Kenny last summer but we priced him out of a move by demanding £10m. Dont know whether they are still interested

The fact PSG have only been offering a loan so far suggests that they aren't that sure on him. I'm not sure we will get the £35m+ bid that we will be asking for.

PSG are trying to force our hand that’s all, we have the cards in the way of the contract and World Cup qualifiers.

If not sold, he will be trying to ensure he gets in the full squad not just the provisional aka Euro 2020

PSG are trying to force our hand that’s all, we have the cards in the way of the contract and World Cup qualifiers.

If not sold, he will be trying to ensure he gets in the full squad not just the provisional aka Euro 2020

Yeah there is probably a bit of a game being played, but we can't let it run right to the wire. If we do sell Kean for 30-40m say, then we need a replacement and that will take a little bit of time.

The worst possible outcome is to lose him right at the end of the window again with no replacement. That really hurt us last season with no option whatsoever on the bench to change a game.

Well... just cautious I think.

The same reaction was given to Gana back in the day. If we bring in 'proper' signings too then these three will be looked at in context.

If these lads are squad additions and it just allows us to punt the likes of Bernard etc without losing numbers, I think it's a sensible approach.

But until we sell players, this level is what we're looking at. Suppose that's the worry.

As much as I hoped it would, Kean was probably never going to get done quickly – I can see a loan with an obligation to buy being what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.