Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep saying, they're only cost effective good signings if they produce on the pitch, We know these players, they aren't new young lads and I don't have any faith they will make us any better. We save a few quid for our billionaire overlord whoop whoop.

I'm definitely done now, proper depressed.

I'll be honest not fussed on Townsend but I think Gray gives us some pace and directness from the bench to open teams up.

Best waiting to see how the window wraps up - Dumfries sounds close and talks of Coutinho, Lenglet, Tammy Abraham etc. things could pick up.

Its clear with our injury record we need a squad/numbers cant keep having 2 GKs and kids on the bench and we aint got the FFP ability to spend £200 million like Chelsea on a new squad in one window.

Benard is looking out which Gray will replace on the bench.

Its only really Townsend/Iwobi that's a concern but fingers crossed they boot Iwobi and bring in someone better.

To be fair to Brands, he can't force clubs to buy limited players on inflated wages. We just need to stop acquiring so many of them especially when they're so overpriced to begin with.

I suppose bringing in limited players on lower wages is a step in the right direction?!
I'm afraid you've contradicted yourself there tim

I'll be honest not fussed on Townsend but I think Gray gives us some pace and directness from the bench to open teams up.

Best waiting to see how the window wraps up - Dumfries sounds close and talks of Coutinho, Lenglet, Tammy Abraham etc. things could pick up.

Its clear with our injury record we need a squad/numbers cant keep having 2 GKs and kids on the bench and we aint got the FFP ability to spend £200 million like Chelsea on a new squad in one window.

Its only really Townsend/Iwobi that's a concern but fingers crossed they boot Iwobi and bring in someone better.
Agree with you here. Improving our off the bench options, for cheap, is useful. Gray can clearly do that, although I think he will want to push to start - which may give is some problems given his track record at clubs.

Townsend I can't really understand, given he's 30, seems semi retired already and hasn't got great output. I do wonder if, given he's played in tactically disciplined, defensive teams in the past, we might be looking at him as a WB or RB option.

Agree with you here. Improving our off the bench options, for cheap, is useful. Gray can clearly do that, although I think he will want to push to start - which may give is some problems given his track record at clubs.

Townsend I can't really understand, given he's 30, seems semi retired already and hasn't got great output. I do wonder if, given he's played in tactically disciplined, defensive teams in the past, we might be looking at him as a WB or RB option.

Regarding Townsend - we never really replaced Walcott and whilst James played at RW at times its only really Iwobi who was the one real option there last season.

Funnily enough James needs cover in the attacking midfield and Iwobi has played through the middle during pre season (or did at least against Accrington) and claims thats his favourite position.

I wonder if Iwobi will become cover for James in the middle and Townsend is earmarked as cover for a top quality RW?

For me if money is tight go sign Pereira from WBA.

gray and townsend being talked about as upgrades to what we already have is like comparing my clapped out car to my neighbours clapped out car, both are rubbish, one is slightly less rubbish.

If we accept that Everton is a middle of the table team, these proposed signings aren't to bad.The glory days are gone lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.