Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of that is exaclty a ringing endorsement from Benitez is it?
You and foreverbushes are all over the place here.

Trying your very best to pin the blame on Brands when anybody with more than 10 IQ can clearly see this is Benitezs work.

Do a loop the loop for us Dave.

You and foreverbushes are all over the place here.

Trying your very best to pin the blame on Brands when anybody with more than 10 IQ can clearly see this is Benitezs work.

Do a loop the loop for us Dave.
I'm still wondering why Brands hasn't resigned yet. Ancelotti now Benitez making him redundant.

These signings also mean we won't be signing the quality attacker we need. These are the clearest sign yet that either we are skint or we have given up.

The only actual money I expect to be spent will be on defenders, so expect a riveting season of midtable nothing-ness.

I am so fed up and embarassed at this club. They need to get a grip.
Why does it? They are literally going to be replacements for Bernard (who’s linked with a move away) and Iwobi. Back end of last season we were throwing extra keepers and kids on the bench to cover injuries

Benitez is very good at creating a functioning, well organised team. For that he needs pace in wide areas for a counter attacking system and players he can rely on to be disciplined in that system.

I think the signings show maybe a lack of ambition but for me it is also an admission that Benitez knows he won’t be afforded patience. He cannot afford a Moise Kean, an expensive young player with a high ceiling but also comes with risk. With Townsend and Gray, he knows what he will have.

It may be that the club makes more pragmatic, low cost signings like this, rather than higher risk signings like Dumfries.

Status
Not open for further replies.