Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He clearly rates him, though, so he can't be used as an excuse for sliding down the league.

Apparently he's actually a very hard working player according to Palace fans the club just didnt want to renew his contract on his current wage with him turning 30 and are looking at younger players on cheaper wages so talks broke down.

1 year deal with the option of a 2nd very shrewd business by the Rafatollah.

Apparently he's actually a very hard working player according to Palace fans they just didnt want to renew his contract on his current wage with him turning 30 and are looking at younger players on cheaper wages.

I'm glad you approve, I'll be checking in with you periodically about our performances and league standings. So far you seem exceptionally happy about how things are going and so must be expecting improvements over last season.

Apparently he's actually a very hard working player according to Palace fans the club just didnt want to renew his contract on his current wage with him turning 30 and are looking at younger players on cheaper wages so talks broke down.

A one year deal is ideal so we are not left with players like big Sam signed then went after six months

I don't see any combination of three of those players raising £150m in this window. Maybe £100m but only if Richarlison is one of the three.
Without Richarlison:

Pickford + Kean + James gets you that, IMO.

Yes, Richarlison is the family silver this summer. I'd prefer to keep him if possible, but if he's pushing for a move - which I think he and his agent will be - then sell him. We'd need circa £100M compensation though.

Without Richarlison:

Pickford + Kean + James gets you that, IMO.

Yes, Richarlison is the family silver this summer. I'd prefer to keep him if possible, but if he's pushing for a move - which I think he and his agent will be - then sell him. We'd need circa £100M compensation though.
If James goes it will be for a nominal, definitely no more than £10m, we're struggling to get a fee for Kean at all and I don't imagine anyone other than Haaland, Mbappe or Kean fetching 9 figures. Covid has made this a terrible summer to sell players.

I'm glad you approve, I'll be checking in with you periodically about our performances and league standings. So far you seem exceptionally happy about how things are going and so must be expecting improvements over last season.

Not happy at present the club need to spend otherwise Benitez gets a free pass for next season.

Koeman: £200 million spent
Alladyce: £47 million spent
Silva: £195 million spent
Ancelotti: £65 million spent

Benitez: £1.5 million spent

Can't judge under current circs although I think we'll finish around 7th-10th.

Not happy at present the club need to spend otherwise Benitez gets a free pass for next season.

Ok, let's use that as the yardstick. 7th to 10th. Speak soon. Love ya.

I would trust benitez with £1.5 million no way with any of the other amounts of monies mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.