Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Townsend is a complete waste of time. He's not as bad as Iwobi, but then neither am I. Gray can possibly come good and is an OK punt.

They are only acceptable signings if we still bring in a very good RW.

Neither Iwobi, Townsend or Gray are good enough to be in our starting 11 next season.

Uninspiring, as was hiring Rafael.

Townsend looked good in spells this season when Palace were on form, but he’s not exactly the player to help us step up.

Gray hasn’t hit his potential at all, but will be hungry and cheap fee/wages. A lot of upside there.

The good news is that we need wingers with pace, the bad news is that we picked these two.

I can see a number of players leaving with Gray and Townsend being our squad players on the cheap - we might look at it differently in a month.

The worst player I have ever seen at Everton is Crab Iwobi. I have not watched a lot of this Townsend rooster, but if he is of similar standard to Crab, then I will not be watching many of our brave lionhearts’ games

Uninspiring, as was hiring Rafael.

Townsend looked good in spells this season when Palace were on form, but he’s not exactly the player to help us step up.

Gray hasn’t hit his potential at all, but will be hungry and cheap fee/wages. A lot of upside there.

The good news is that we need wingers with pace, the bad news is that we picked these two.

I can see a number of players leaving with Gray and Townsend being our squad players on the cheap - we might look at it differently in a month.

Yep, as said by many we probably need around 10 players in and as many out. If Townsend/Gray are replacement squad players on the cheap who we're hoping can offer something, good. But if they're the actual signings we expect to offer something, then oh dear.

It depends on whether we're genuinely skint, or we're spending bigger on others yet to come in.

These signings are to add depth to the squad.

Until we actually sell players we won't be making big money moves.

As it stands at the moment, we haven't lost any of our better players and instead made the squad better.

The worst player I have ever seen at Everton is Crab Iwobi. I have not watched a lot of this Townsend rooster, but if he is of similar standard to Crab, then I will not be watching many of our brave lionhearts’ games

Townsend isn't anywhere near as bad as Iwobi, but that doesn't make him 'good'. He's one of those players that can look a threat without actually being a threat as he has no end product whatsoever, whereas Iwobi is dog faeces at every aspect of football.

Yep, as said by many we probably need around 10 players in and as many out. If Townsend/Gray are replacement squad players on the cheap who we're hoping can offer something, good. But if they're the actual signings we expect to offer something, then oh dear.

It depends on whether we're genuinely skint, or we're spending bigger on others yet to come in.

100% this - I'll be the 1st to demand Brands OOT come the end of the window if Iwobi is still getting in our starting 11 but we really need to wait and see what happens these next couple of weeks.

As I've said previously we are very much selling in order to buy. Until those players are sold, we won't have a lot of money to spend, possibly only enough to cover the signing of Dumfries.

Status
Not open for further replies.