Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is my analysis too. People need to accept that a large swathe of the fanbase is effectively "Switzerland" when it comes to Benitez. They simply want a successful side. These neutrals are pretty silent and non-committal about him either way. These people will break one way or the other when it becomes clear what direction this train is traveling. If Benitez is not backed in the summer in any meaningful way, moderate reasonable people will begin to lower their expectations, such as they already are. You don't have to like a manager to know that he is being blackguarded. It kept David Moyes in a job for a decade.

That said, I still think he'll be backed. If he is, that will be the most perilous time for him. Given Marcel Brands's record, I could see Benitez trying to force Brands out of any key decisions for fear of any more Iwobi-type signings. There's big scope for major friction this summer.

On the other hand he has the capacity to waste some very big transfer fees to, Ryan Babel and Aquilani spring to mind.

Almiron at Newcastle jumps out at me to.

Yes, this is my analysis too. People need to accept that a large swathe of the fanbase is effectively "Switzerland" when it comes to Benitez. They simply want a successful side. These neutrals are pretty silent and non-committal about him either way. These people will break one way or the other when it becomes clear what direction this train is traveling. If Benitez is not backed in the summer in any meaningful way, moderate reasonable people will begin to lower their expectations, such as they already are. You don't have to like a manager to know that he is being blackguarded. It kept David Moyes in a job for a decade.

That said, I still think he'll be backed. If he is, that will be the most perilous time for him. Given Marcel Brands's record, I could see Benitez trying to force Brands out of any key decisions for fear of any more Iwobi-type signings. There's big scope for major friction this summer.

I have a feeling Dumfries and Coutinho will come in with Begovic and anything else will be towards the end of the window like a CB or wide player depending on what formation Benitez wants to go with.

That restaurant post on instagram about welcoming Coutinho back was very strange - sounded pretty much like something is advanced one way or another with him and a local club.

If it's true it screams that we have very little budget. The idea we will take Townsend for free as a squad player and then buy a quality right winger I'm not sure, why not go get the best you can get if you can? It screams we are screwed by FFP unless we can sell a Kean we are struggling to get the kind of quality to take us forward so RB is adding to the ranks of deadwood with his own.

On the other hand he has the capacity to waste some very big transfer fees to, Ryan Babel and Aquilani spring to mind.

Almiron at Newcastle jumps out at me to.
Yes, he absolutely does. But, from his perspective, if he is going to run into trouble or be sacked for poor recruitment, he'd prefer to be making the signings himself and not Marcel Brands. In other words, he'll prefer to live or die by his own decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.