2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ego/attitude is something Rafael doesn't like or is not comfortable with, if things goes well between the two, he might stay for another season. Rafael has been deflecting questions until now, might change after a few days in the training ground. MIGHT.

i think we literally make up stories about attitude / ego when we often have little evidence. If you look at the commercial / entertainment / marketing aspects of football, which we can't avoid unfortunately, James is more famous than our club, and has the potential to attract a lot of money and attention. So he might act bigger than our club a bit, on social media, but that doesn't mean he's not training hard or working as hard as the others?!

How do we know anything really. A lot of journalism, especially the Spanish Real / Barca tabloids, are sensationalist, and like to cook up stories of tension.

First half

I'm going to make a ridiculous comparison to 5 a side / 7 a side football... you know how you have a steady team of regulars of roughly equal quality, and then a skilful b***** is drafted in to make up numbers and runs rings round you all evening? You end up with a 7-2 scoreline. How / why is James not able to do this to Accrington Stanley and Blackburn? I don't understand how this works sometimes lol

I'm going to make a ridiculous comparison to 5 a side / 7 a side football... you know how you have a steady team of regulars of roughly equal quality, and then a skilful b***** is drafted in to make up numbers and runs rings round you all evening? You end up with a 7-2 scoreline. How / why is James not able to do this to Accrington Stanley and Blackburn? I don't understand how this works sometimes lol

Because they’re all professionals is the answer.

The gap between the better pros and and the poorer ones is smaller than between a good amateur player and a big fat dosser who wears shinnies for 5 a side.

Screenshot_20210718-083542.jpg

James is far too good and far too famous for Benitez' ego to handle. Make no mistake, Benitez will get him out.
You're just looking for reasons to have a go at a manger none of us really wanted. Half of our fans wanted James gone at the end of the season on the grounds that he was always injured and didn't care enough. Benítez has managed loads of world-class players during his career without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.