2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure they're that similar if I'm honest. Robinho was an absolute magician when he could be bothered but it was a lack of trying and off field stuff with him that was his downfall. I don't think Richarlison has those issues it's more a lack of ability/decision making than for the want of trying.

I see Richarlison as more of a poor man's young Thomas Muller, in that he's a poacher and if he doesn't score what does he actually do. Not a great crosser, passer, dribbler but none of that matters if you get 11+ goals from the wing a season. The problem is when he loses his shooting boots as well.
The problem is when we play slow pass out from the back football with the whole opposition ahead of you and the defence set. That never suits Richarlison. He needs to play on the last defender of be running into space.
The idea that we should be selling him is mad. What we need to do is work on DCL and Richarlison developing more of a partnership. He is a great player who needs more support.
He puts in an enormous amount of effort, tracks back and defends and wins a lot of free kicks. We need threat on the other side of the pitch and creativity in the middle, not selling one of our best.

No question that he is the better footballer by far. In terms of natural talent, I am not so certain. A large part of James Rodriguez skill set is tactical understanding and vision which are developed skill sets.
My definition of a natutal footballer must be upside down.

To me, this is like saying that Inzaghi is a more talented player than Bergkamp.

No question that he is the better footballer by far. In terms of natural talent, I am not so certain. A large part of James Rodriguez skill set is tactical understanding and vision which are developed skill sets.

Yes mate, Richarlison has more natural talent than James Rodriguez lol

James must have developed those skillsets when he was 19 playing for Porto...or perhaps playing mens football at 16 lol

I would agree that tactically Richarlison is one of our worst players.

Yet he is the one forward player who manages to slot into position within defensive phases...you know, following the managers 'tactical' defensive instructions.

Have you been watching James with your eyes closed? His first touch is magical, that is most definitely something which is not a ‘developed skill set’, likewise his ability to see the big picture, or, as you say, ‘his vision’, is also something that can not be coached into a player.

I don’t know if you have played much football, but, James is miles ahead of Richarlison for natural ability. Anybody who has played the game will tell you, there are some things you just can’t coach into a player.

I love richarlison but he’s nowhere near the natural ability level of James and never will be. James is definitely the most talented player I’ve seen at the club since kanchelskis in the 90s.

…it’s a bit of a nothing statement. Not many players in the PL have the natural ability of Rodriguez, he’s capable of doing things others can’t. Saying that, it’s about being effective & I’d much prefer to see Richarlison in our starting line up than Rodriguez.

…it’s a bit of a nothing statement. Not many players in the PL have the natural ability of Rodriguez, he’s capable of doing things others can’t. Saying that, it’s about being effective & I’d much prefer to see Richarlison in our starting line up than Rodriguez.
Richarlison just needs to get his head in the right place. Hopefully Benitez can do that, because Ancelotti certainly couldn't.

I agree mate. I’d rather have an inform richarlison in the squad than anyone else. Unplayable at times, just didn’t seem himself last season.

I agree mate. I’d rather have an inform richarlison in the squad than anyone else. Unplayable at times, just didn’t seem himself last season.
Don’t think he will be effective this season either. No time off last year due to Covid then straight to Copa America and now direct to the Olympics, he will need time off after it.

Depending on post Richarlison is either one of our best or one of our worst, a talisman or a hindrance, a really good kid or a horrible moody bell and worth between 40 to 100 million which we should or should not accept.
Im a big fan but he is definitely a jekyll & hyde type.
I cant remember anyone look so good for us one week then next look like he's Ali Dia's half cousin the next!

Status
Not open for further replies.