2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just feels like that's kind of what he is now. If that goes in he's scored and he's had a good game. When it doesn't there isn't much left.
Yup. That was a very presentable chance, too. He lacks the cutting edge of a genuinely top-class striker. At this point in his career, I feel that he is a decent player but that if we got a good offer and recruited well, we'd be better off taking our chances with somebody else in the side. He's just not special enough to be considered our "special" player. At least when James plays, we get a bit of magic every now and again. Last season, after telling us, begrudgingly, that he'd give us one more year, he was effectively AWOL and outshone by Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Now he's going to swan off to the Olympics? One wonders if Raf.a Benitez, the canny old fox. has given him his blessing to go simply because...he won't be Everton's problem by then...

I always thought it was really weird that Ancelotti shared the ‘giving us one more year’ thing regarding Richarlison because all it does is give fans a stick to beat him with.
None of us know the context, it could’ve been a simple
‘Are you happy here Richy?’
‘Yeah I’ll give it another year boss to see if we kick on together’
for all we know.

What is clear, is that last summer if he wanted to leave, he would’ve left.

This perfectly describes Richarlison for me and at 24 I'm not sure it's ever going to change.

Is there a bit of the Robinho about him? Similar players and great prospects but never had the maturity to really push on and spend the game on the deck.

See what Benitez can get out of him.

Is there a bit of the Robinho about him? Similar players and great prospects but never had the maturity to really push on and spend the game on the deck.

See what Benitez can get out of him.
Not sure they're that similar if I'm honest. Robinho was an absolute magician when he could be bothered but it was a lack of trying and off field stuff with him that was his downfall. I don't think Richarlison has those issues it's more a lack of ability/decision making than for the want of trying.

I see Richarlison as more of a poor man's young Thomas Muller, in that he's a poacher and if he doesn't score what does he actually do. Not a great crosser, passer, dribbler but none of that matters if you get 11+ goals from the wing a season. The problem is when he loses his shooting boots as well.

He’s not had a great season.

lacks pace, too greedy, often sulks, dives too much.

alright he’s one of our best players but he is worth a few bob and we can replace him so I think that would potentially be a good move.

At times his body language often which I took for he was doing us a favour by being here makes me think he was part of the many problems last season. - this summer should prove to be interesting.

I completely get why we slate our top class players. The last 30 years each and every single one of them. Bar baines and cahill I guess. Are destined to k'off to a better club. Its a preemptive coping mechanism. We know he is going. Feels better to highlight flaws and feel we are getting a good deal.

It is really simple: The greater your natural ability the higher expectations for you will be.

Richarlison is by far the most naturally talented footballer at EFC. We as fans expect him to deliver on the promise of his god given ability and when the things that are preventing him from being a world class footballer are completely within his control (i.e. decision making, positive attitude, team play, not throwing himself to the ground every 3 minutes) we as fans are rightly frustrated.

In the case of Richarlison the above issue is exacerbated to a point that many of us want him gone because even if a footballer less talented takes up his position. As a fan supporting a team of players who exemplify morality, work ethic, and team play is more enjoyable because even when you lose you still have respect for the players and they provide a good example for your kids.

It is really simple: The greater your natural ability the higher expectations for you will be.

Richarlison is by far the most naturally talented footballer at EFC. We as fans expect him to deliver on the promise of his god given ability and when the things that are preventing him from being a world class footballer are completely within his control (i.e. decision making, positive attitude, team play, not throwing himself to the ground every 3 minutes) we as fans are rightly frustrated.

In the case of Richarlison the above issue is exacerbated to a point that many of us want him gone because even if a footballer less talented takes up his position. As a fan supporting a team of players who exemplify morality, work ethic, and team play is more enjoyable because even when you lose you still have respect for the players and they provide a good example for your kids.
James Rodriguez is surely?

Do not see it. He has good physique, but technically and tactically he lacks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.