Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
26 years old, nothing of significance on his CV, director of a major football club. Must be nice to be the nephew of a billionaire. Jobs for the boys extended from the training ground to the boardroom.
Doing bits for the women's team to be fair, made some good signings since he's had the gig.

I think extreme competence is an overstatement. He's done well with the womens team, I'm not sure any other club would consider that as a qualification to be made a board member. Most other clubs, of course, don't hand senior roles to completely unqualified candidates who happen to be relatives of the individuals who pretend not to own them. God, this club is a basket case.
It might be the only way we can have Usmanov without officially having Usmanov though?

I think extreme competence is an overstatement. He's done well with the womens team, I'm not sure any other club would consider that as a qualification to be made a board member. Most other clubs, of course, don't hand senior roles to completely unqualified candidates who happen to be relatives of the individuals who pretend not to own them. God, this club is a basket case.
DBB did well running a charity and that was deemed sufficient qualification for running a multi million pound organisation.

It might be the only way we can have Usmanov without officially having Usmanov though?
Honestly, stadium aside, I'm not sure having Usmanov has been all that great for us. We've spent an absolute fortune on fees and wages to go backwards in the league, we have a very unpopular character who plays a tedious brand of football in charge of the playing side, a DoF who is completely absent, an "owner" who ushers players out or inexplicably keeps players with bizarre media revelations about voodoo and family to Jim White and on, and on. EITC is the only unqualified positive in recent years.

Most other clubs, of course, don't hand senior roles to completely unqualified candidates who happen to be relatives of the individuals who pretend not to own them. God, this club is a basket case.

Get this bloke to be a fully paid up member of the Everton supporters club and we can go places in the future with HIS money. Else we can rely on two blokes in their mid sixties and after they are gone liquidation. This is a good news story.

Status
Not open for further replies.