Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's done great work with the women and is highly educated.
Mate, he graduated with an undergraduate law degree 4 years ago. How many recent graduates, who aren't relatives of the ownership, are directors of companies with a turnover in the hundreds of millions? He's there through nepotism not merit. That's the way it is for oligarchs and their relatives.

Mate, he graduated with an undergraduate law degree 4 years ago. How many recent graduates, who aren't relatives of the ownership, are directors of companies with a turnover in the hundreds of millions? He's there through nepotism not merit. That's the way it is for oligarchs and their relatives.
I don't deny he's here because of his uncle but if he was a dopey dumb plonker I doubt they'd put him in charge of the entire women's side of stuff and now the board. Even if he was just a proxy it's to our benefit but the guy has been here 2 years and done good work.

I don't deny he's here because of his uncle but if he was a dopey dumb plonker I doubt they'd put him in charge of the entire women's side of stuff and now the board. Even if he was just a proxy it's to our benefit but the guy has been here 2 years and done good work.
Bill Kenwright and Marcel Brands are on the board, being a board member doesn't guarantee or even imply competence. It's moot in any case, the board are there for window dressing, Usmanov clearly makes the decisions and they just rubber stamp them for procedural purposes.

Bill Kenwright and Marcel Brands are on the board, being a board member doesn't guarantee or even imply competence. It's moot in any case, the board are there for window dressing, Usmanov clearly makes the decisions and they just rubber stamp them for procedural purposes.
No but the job he has done for the women shows extreme competence, does it not?

No but the job he has done for the women shows extreme competence, does it not?
I think extreme competence is an overstatement. He's done well with the womens team, I'm not sure any other club would consider that as a qualification to be made a board member. Most other clubs, of course, don't hand senior roles to completely unqualified candidates who happen to be relatives of the individuals who pretend not to own them. God, this club is a basket case.

Status
Not open for further replies.