Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who signed those 3...
Deflecting answer. The £55m net spend means nothing in isolation. A £55m net spend is also an extra £70m in wages over the next 5 years. We had a series of long expensive wage contracts to afford to the likes of Besic, Bolasie, Niasse, Sandro - no-one was going to take them off our hands and none ofthem was going to agree to leave on such lucrative deals.

I'm not saying bad decisions weren't made, but I am suggesting that it's difficult to spend more on expensive new players when you can't recoup, and yet still have to service over-blown contracts AND sign new, beefier contracts for the players that you actually want to keep.

This is why net spend is a pretty meaningless argument.

Weird club, 50m seems a lot, now granted, dont recall ever watching the boy kicking a ball, but my point stands.
Oh he defo has ability and he will be a decent player in a better team (not Arsenal) but I know Brighton fans down here who reckon he will end up as more of a midfielder and they are laughing their heads off at the talk of £50m.

This is a really key point. We have got to get better at spending money and replacing people.

A bit part of our problem is we don't buy and sell enough. People are also too terrified to sell as they don't trust Brands, and he does need to start earning some trust.

We probably need to review how we spend money too. I have seen we are linked with that Kamara. Will probably cost 5 or 6 million and is 25. To me it's a really smart signing. Benitez will probably ring Gerrard and get a low down on him. When I've seen him, he reminds me a lot of what Doucoure does well. Maybe not quite as polished, but will fill in for Doucoure when needed and in some games can probably play with him. He's also the sort that if he comes in and does well, in 12-18 months someone will come in and give you 15-20m for him so you turn a profit.
We are a strange club, we generally sell well and buy badly.

It possibly is because of the pressure to prove we are a big club and need to get back there overnight..... to be fair the fans are at least responsible for that. We end up trying to build a new team overnight and waste hard earned money.

Slow gradual reinvestment over a period of seasons is probably the way forward for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.