New Everton Stadium Discussion

Forgive me but 'll believe it when I see it. The city needs an influx of quality jobs more than anything, we need more developments like Paddington and less flats.
I can see this build being temporarily shelved.

1. Massive shortages on Concrete nationwide.
2. Up to 60% increase on steel.
3. Amazon have bought out all cladding for the warehouses.

Seeing how most of the stadium would be presumably concrete and steel, I can a 300m stadium costing 450m.

Edit: Civil Engineer here, just commenting on problems with my particular industry. Any other Engineer type peeps having the same issues?

Seeing how most of the stadium would be presumably concrete and steel, I can a 300m stadium costing 450m.

Edit: Civil Engineer here, just commenting on problems with my particular industry. Any other Engineer type peeps having the same issues?

E2BFB14E-CFDC-4E0E-BAE6-BB47B2EA2B92.jpeg

Forgive me but 'll believe it when I see it. The city needs an influx of quality jobs more than anything, we need more developments like Paddington and less flats.

Have to start some where, my cousin and her fella bought a flat in I think Liverpool Waters many years ago.

There are definitely shortages throughout the industry , but at the moment there has been little perceptable slowdown in builds . Just alternative solutions and occasional glitches in supply to overcome.
Also the bigger the company / project the less they seem to be affected due to their buying power.
Even if supply lines are stretched at times there is no reason to shelve a project.

Yeah there's a massive shortage on kerbs and flags, a Marshalls driver was saying how they can't make them quick enough, same with plastic ducting, don't know if it's a catch up from the plants closing during covid, local builders yard limiting people to 2 bags of cement

Are there any plans for flats close to the new stadium? Links?
The stadium is likely to be next to a residential development containing flats etc. BMD was originally marked as part of a residential development until we came along. There will still be an expectation that they maintain ratios set out within the outline planning docs for them to not have to resubmit.

Are there any plans for flats close to the new stadium? Links?
These have built some and they've currently got more plans in planning. They're a bit away from the stadium site like. Central Docks is a blank canvass at the moment but they reckon the stadium will accelerate things now.

And these are the other side of the wall, the first people have been moving into them recently.