Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
my experience, people initially target $5mil as that gives them a comfortable lifestyle once invested.

Once they reach that level they decide they want to buy the place or a similar place to that which theyre renting which means another $3-5mil. So they need $10mil.

At $10mil their circle of friends becomes wider and different and they want to have a 2nd home which is another $3-5mil.

Next step is the 3 location rule so another property and avoiding taxes

Once theyre at $20mil they want something to do...so they want to build something new...then a new cycle emerges.

If anything, i think $20mil is where people look to earn vast amounts to build a legacy.

It isn’t easy to build that sort of wealth if you weren’t born into it. The people who can, often don’t stop because they aren’t concerned with the actual money, they usually crave the power and prestige that comes with that sort of wealth.

The arguments for/against him wind me up no end.

When he was at Liverpool i saw him as a manager who took a large amounts of punts on cheap players that 99% failed.

What i was impressed with was the way he moulded their midfield. Gerrard, Alonso and Macherano was world class. Not to mention the way he got their defence to work as a unit and always managed to have deadly threats up top.

I saw him as a chequebook manager who threw money at the wall and finally got the right players in...but moulded them brilliantly.

If that makes sense...

At Inter i disagree with most posters, i think that he was in a Moyes situation where they needed a massive rebuild due to ageing players.

Chelsea he did well...Newcastle who knows what went on there? China he seemed to be building something from a very low base.

I think hes someone who, if we sign players who are the 'right' fit then he'll achieve more than the sum of their parts.

Who are the 'right' players though?

He mentioned after leaving Newcastle that their idea of a 'project' was signing u24 year olds. He was negative about that.

For me, we need to bring in young players with top potential...he needs to develop them and integrate into a team structure and unit.

Can we do that -- can he do that?

I think everything depends on the signings he makes

For me it comes down to the signings, as you say. He’s known to make a side better than its parts but without better wide players we’ll be the same as always.

It isn’t easy to build that sort of wealth if you weren’t born into it. The people who can, often don’t stop because they aren’t concerned with the actual money, they usually crave the power and prestige that comes with that sort of wealth.

The simplistic way to view it is that if you had $20mil then you wouldnt need to do anything...but then because of the personality you have (to achieve the wealth) you want to keep busy...so find a new challenge ;)

For me it comes down to the signings, as you say. He’s known to make a side better than its parts but without better wide players we’ll be the same as always.

I wonder about the budget and the ability of Brands to move players on.

Surely by making this decision it means a new broom coming in and much change on the playing staff front. Or else why make such a drastic move?

For me, just signing a few players for fees like last summer wont cut it...there has to be a big pot available of at least £100mil before sales + lots of players moved on.

Then he needs to add at least 2 big signings...

I think he will want a RB + CB + DM based upon my own view of the team and also looking at how he has set teams up in the past.

Those players arent massively expensive compared with forward players. To be honest though id easily spend £100mil on those three in my head.

Then the sales inject the funds for the attacking positions.

It's all one big joke to the posters on rawk. They ain't infuriated at all, they find this hilarious. We are now managed by a man who's face is on their banners. This is a very low and humiliating moment for Everton Football Club. This appointment feels like it's robbed the club of it's pride and dignity. It's feels like getting your trousers pulled down in public. The fall out will be nasty if this fella is a flop here.

It's all one big joke to the posters on rawk. They ain't infuriated at all, they find this hilarious. We are now managed by a man who's face is on their banners. This is a very low and humiliating moment for Everton football club. This appointment feels like it's robbed the club of it's pride and dignity. It's feels like getting your trousers pulled down in public. The fall out will be nasty if this fella is a flop here.
u ok hun?

Definitely one of the strangest days in memory of Everton FC yesterday. COYB UTFT let's get back to where we belong.

Thought he came across well from that interview.

He did admit in the first answer though, that part of the reason for taking it is because of the location.

Status
Not open for further replies.