Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

fighting is never pointless, dont give in, sure fighting, crying, moaning wont do a god damn thing, but never just accept things.

STAND

And that's fair enough, but what's the use in opposing it now before he has even taken a training session? I think we should at least give this a chance, however small, to make this work

@Sassy Colombian is one of the better posters on here. How she feels as a fan is entirely up to her. It's certainly not for you to judge.
giphy.gif

And that's fair enough, but what's the use in opposing it now before he has even taken a training session? I think we should at least give this a chance, however small, to make this work
NO
You will cave in 5 weeks and become undyingly loyal to this clown per usual lol
Probably.

Im cheap, 1 good signing and im back on the train.

He'll fight for us. He wants to bring new faces in. That's what I want to hear.

Words are cheap, but that's a good start today.

It's obvious though that his relationship with the fraud DoF is non-existent. That needs sorting out ASAP, preferably with Brands out of the club.
The only reason you support this appointment is because the vast majority of us don't. You'd normally be all over this

Why do we have such an abundance of lackluster players though? That's largely due to Moshiri acquiring inept people to handle recruitment. He created his own problems

Moshiri brought in Steve Walsh, who had been credited with bringing in the players that won the title for Leicester, then Marcel Brands who was apparently one of the most respected DoF’s in Europe. so apart from Moshiri giving hundreds of millions for players, to DoF’s and Managers, what else would you like him to do. For me the only thing that is consistent is, Kenwright, Ferguson, Unsworth and us the fans...so maybe it’s one of them.....

No it's not. In 2019/2020, 10th place was 54 points. It was 52 the season before. Therefore he'll have won fewer games and accumulated fewer points = the team has done worse than last year's rabble.

59 points is the par score.
So finishing 6th on 58 points would be worse, would it?

Totally agree. It proves beyond reasonable doubt that the job is good fortune and convenience. What does he care how it goes? He won the CL nearly two decades ago and still dines out on it. He's the Kopite equivalent of Bob Geldof. He's never going to win the league here in the current climate, expectations are through the floor, he's here to take it easy and get £10m a year for it, safe that he'll be an even bigger Kopite rat if he fails.
I don't believe that about Benitez.
I believe he will do his very best, I just think he is that kind individual.

Whither he still can do the business only time will tell

That first season under Martinez was the most optimistic I'd felt in a long time.
Premier league position(finishing in Europe) means something without a trophy.
You quoted from a discussion about comparisons with Carlo though
Comparisons with Carlo were sadly at Fat Sam's level in fact two places lower.....

Benitez wasn't my choice at all as our manager, not because he once manager Liverpool, not because of some petty, pathetic small club comment a decade or so ago, but simply because for me he is yesterday's man, his star is, in my view, on the wane, could he still sign the calibre of player that he could ten years ago, I think not, that's why. But I live and breathe an Evertonian of over sixty years, that won't change and I will hope he can do what no other manager has done for over 25 years and win us a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.