New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was the case why is Palace appointing Viera?

Why are Spurs appointing a bloke who Wolves deemed not good enough to take them forward?

Its complete conjecture with no evidence that there are top managers available at the moment.

Benitez has won 3 trophies in the last 10 years - Everton haven't won ONE trophy in 26 years.

I just dont get where this snobbish mentality has come from in the fanbase when Ancelotti aside our last 4 managers have been El Loco, Koeman, Silva and kin Alladyce.
Because Palace aren't as attractive a proposition as us and Spurs have ballsed their recruitment worse than us. They've gone through about 5, which slightly undermines the idea that there aren't any available.

Hilarious you're including the Championship in that trophy haul btw.

Because Palace aren't as attractive a proposition as us and Spurs have ballsed their recruitment worse than us. They've gone through about 5, which slightly undermines the idea that there aren't any available.

Hilarious you're including the Championship in that trophy haul btw.

Spurs are a London club with a 62k stadium, much higher revenue and bigger profile.

To suggest we could trump them is deluded.

I don’t believe a single person of this forum ‘wanted’ Benitez. Some of us, not many, could bite our tongues and ‘accept’ it. The vast majority were vociferous and ‘against’ it. No one ‘likes’ the idea of him coming in but it is going to happen anyway, so we may as well get behind him and the team and see what happens....but just remember, Carlo did this to us....
I think you’ll find it was the board who did this! The appointment of Beneathus is all on them and zero to do with Ancelotti.

If that was the case why is Palace appointing Viera?

Why are Spurs appointing a bloke who Wolves deemed not good enough to take them forward?

Its complete conjecture with no evidence that there are top managers available at the moment.

Benitez has won 3 trophies in the last 10 years - Everton haven't won ONE trophy in 26 years.

I just dont get where this snobbish mentality has come from in the fanbase when Ancelotti aside our last 4 managers have been El Loco, Koeman, Silva and kin Alladyce.

I would assume because they think he is young enough to keep learning his trade and improve whilst having a decent enough name to attract some players.

Not saying I agree with that but that will be their line of thinking. To be honest nobody knows how any manager will turn out, certain managers just catch fire in certain situations hence why managers who have done brilliant jobs for large parts of their career all of a sudden turn into perceived jokes.

Managers like Howe, Potter and Dyche obviously have a lot of good qualities and I find it churlish how some people dismiss the work they have done in the past just because they have hit a certain level with their respective clubs. If someone was to take a chance on one of them they could end up being great but nobody ever does.

Because there’s a well established and well understood difference between punching up and punching down. Liverpool fans did not need any further sticks to beat Everton with, Benitez’s comments were unnecessary because they were telling a group of people with an inferiority complex that that they were inferior. Moyes’ comments were a small win for a beleaguered fan base, a bit of fingers up to the establishment, giving the people who are the butt of all the jokes something to come back with. The difference is obvious. It’s also worth pointing out that very few people have an issue with the comment itself, nobody’s saying he should never get a job because he was so out of order, just that he shouldn’t get this job, because we were the butt of his joke. Until you lot try to appoint Moyes the comparison is pretty pointless.
What's with the ,"you lot,"

Status
Not open for further replies.