New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you shouldn't judge his Newcastle period on him. Ashley is a total no-mark who is only interested in making money out of the eventual sale of Newcastle. He has allowed them to go down twice by dint of being a tightarse. There's been a lot of discontent there over prior (and current) management and selling of players.

Whilst we haven't been overjoyed with the past 5-6 years (some reasonable, some not so good) it's not quite reached the desperate straits Benitez found himself in at Newcastle. You couldn't really say he did a bad job given the lousy tools he worked with.

On the other hand we are getting upset about the association with the RS. Well obviously he just sees that as another job now and maybe the way he was dealt with in his final couple of years means he actually wants to get one over them too!!

As far as the small cloob jibe goes. Not nice but, you know, maybe the way Moyes managed us, we kind of deserved some of it.

Think of it this way - some are all using it as a comfort blanket to get angry about the appointment. Maybe we should save the anger for some of the lazy so-and-sos who haven't been performing these past few years.

I think if he wants support from the start (which is a long shot) he could start with an apology and a message to the fans in general. Our fans seem to lap things up quite easily whenever a manager praises us.
I would be very disappointed with any sort of spology. He was the manager of a team we had frustrated by playing a negative type of football and expressed his frustration in a way that we would have deemed acceptable if the boot was on the other foot

As far as the small cloob jibe goes. Not nice but, you know, maybe the way Moyes managed us, we kind of deserved some of it.

Yeah but do you honestly think that Benitez isn't going to play that exact same way when we go to Anfield this season?

Will it be "small club tactics" when he does it, or is it only when he's managing Liverpool that Everton doing that is small time?

What annoys me is that he can't seem to just hold his hands up and admit that he had sand up his anus because we went to their gaff and shut them out and he made a snidey comment to get all the reds back onside because they were annoyed they didn't beat us. It really isn't difficult for him to just apologise for that, and when he does the matter is pretty much closed

It's a super easy thing he can do to smooth things over but he seems too proud to do it

I would be very disappointed with any sort of spology. He was the manager of a team we had frustrated by playing a negative type of football and expressed his frustration in a way that we would have deemed acceptable if the boot was on the other foot

I couldn’t care less if he does or doesn’t apologise personally but there’s a lot of grown men who can’t get over a few words that came out of his mouth 15 years ago that would feel it’s deserving if he’s going to at least make an effort to win them over.

I don't want to start a poll (we already have far too many) but how will those who wanted somebody other than Benitiz react when he's introduced before Kick Off?

Refuse to attend so it doesn't apply?
Loud booing?
Sit on hands in silence?
Polite applause?
Enthusiastic applause?

I didn't particularly want him but now it's happening I will be between polite and enthusiastic.

I can't see any benefit of anything less.
I think there will be some booing from pickets of the crowd before the game but not anything like what you would expect by reading this site but reaction on GOT has never been a good indicator of what happens at the ground.

A loss at home to Southampton would certainly give rise to much more loud and sustained booing a win and the majority will go home satisfied

Status
Not open for further replies.