New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not convinced this is happening, nothing at all from the club, not even a whisper, it’s all sources close to, and our understanding in the reports. Nothing definite
tomorrows apparently the big day mate, get some whiskey in.

If it is TFSW I’m gonna give him a chance.

It’s not as if anyone else has been a roaring success in the past 20 years!

Trust Moshiri and Uncle Uzi.
There is no choice but to give him a chance. Besides which, do we really understand the overall duties of the manager, are we party to the discussions about the style they want to develop and how they will do it?

He was the only one who said he would keep Dunc so Bill offered the post!

There is a very eerie feeling this evening. It's been a nice summers evening where i am, but there is this horrible dread at the back of my mind, that grim news will be breaking tomorrow. Rafael Benitez confirmed as Everton manager. The Benitez era will be full of boring negative crap football, with the fanbase at each others throats. At least Allardyce was a stop gap appointment, but it looks like we might have to put up with this dirty kopite for a season or two. Perish the thought! The Allardyce era was grim, but that might be nothing on what's coming next.

There is a very eerie feeling this evening. It's been a nice summers evening where i am, but there is this horrible dread at the back of my mind, that grim news will be breaking tomorrow. Rafael Benitez confirmed as Everton manager. The Benitez era will be full of boring negative crap football, with the fanbase at each others throats. At least Allardyce was a stop gap appointment, but it looks like we might have to put up with this dirty kopite for a season or two. Perish the thought! The Allardyce era was grim, but that might be nothing on what's coming next.
Business as usual then!

That Abramovich approach works when you have world class talent. We barely have a squad of average players so no idea what we're doing.

And ideally if you're playing Chairman Manager, you'd bring in the younger forward thinking manager, gets backed (Brands does his job) and he's given 3 years to build a team/style. That means keeping with the manager through poor league positions and rocky periods.

But said manager has to be sold to cope and deliver a different agenda. The focus would be on building and not league positions/trophies. The dream would be to do both but then you're looking for a unicorn of a manager or keeping the faith with them for Moyes-like time frame.

Mosh has invested too much to look back and press the restart IMO. He'll want safer hands, someone with credentials, stature, and able to cope in the prem.

If it is Rafael I am very interested in what his ideas and goals are. If he says consistency or foundations to compete, I'll show an interest. If he rolls out the "top 6 champions league" guff then he's doomed to fail.
I just don't understand the appointment of Benitez if it is not to chase instant success (I think it's an odd appointment for that too, tbh). If, as you propose, we want someone to build consistency and foundations why choose such a controversial and polarising character, it isn't the best start to achieving those goals. This is particularly puzzling when it's the type of job he has never done anywhere before, unless you count Newcastle and surely we're not in that bad a situation. As others have pointed out, we were a couple of home wins away from European qualification this year yet some posters want to act like we were verging on relegation. None of this makes any sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.