New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this a strong point.

My hatred of LFC dwindled once I was out of Merseyside. Now it's just, 'whatever' with them.

I don't even see Benitez as an Ex-Liverpool manager. He managed them over a decade ago, which is a very long time in football years. And went on to manage Inter Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Napoli, and the barcodes.

Maybe it was different if I lived in Merseyside, were driving a red car raises eyebrows to fellow Evertonians. Which made me laugh when I went back. haha

As long as he does a great job, then I don't care.
This is all I care about.

Everton first

I'm done whining, let's get it done and see the results.

We either do bad and chalk it off as one the clubs bad decisions. Which there is a few past managers that "looked good" but flopped.

Or he does great things and we all look like tits

I don't want Benitez. But one positive is that after he joined Newcastle late in the season to prevent relegation, falling just short, he stuck it out and got them back up the next season. That does show at least a bit of character.

I hate that this is even happening, seriously hate it

The only ways he’s going to get anybody onside is by getting shut of the Sigurdssons, Gomes’, Iwobi’s etc of the squad and winning games from the off

Brands will also need to provide the players to replace the waste, I suspect the Nunes deal will be completed after Tuesday and maybe Romero later in the week

Points don't mean anything to me season on season. Proof of progression lies purely in where we finish in the table. Of course you want more, you want to win every game, it's not possible in reality though. City dropped loads of stupid points last season and walked the league. Do you think they cared what the points total was as they celebrated yet another title? No.

8th is reasonable as a bare minimum as long as we're seeing progression. 2nd season needs to be higher. Forget Benitez - most of us don't want him - but to expect any manager to qualify for champions league with the absolute garbage we have is unrealistic and frankly, a little insane.

Ok fair enough. So I'll ask again, how many wins/draws you want us to get? What sort of points target do you want us to hit?

I’ve no idea mate. I’m no fan of Benitez and I wouldn’t give him the job, I’d go for Mancini personally, but we have a DoF who is supposed to know his football and he will be advising Moshiri. Like everyone, I just want our team to be successful again and win trophies and I don’t care if its done playing ugly football, with a manager no one likes, as long as I see a trophy getting carried around Goodison again....it’s been too long.

I’m still in shock with how our team finished so badly and then Ancelloti buggering off. I can put up with having this guy coaching the team if it works, and if it doesn’t then I’ll be really happy to see him leave....

I'm similar. I'll be frank I wouldn't have gone Mancini but to me (like Benitez) it's because he's the wrong style. I wanted a younger coach who would be more prepared to work with the DOF and get in younger players.

I'm happy to give any manager we appoint a go though. I've been quite clear, I want him to improve on 59 points (especially if he has financial backing) but I'm really interested in people giving their expectations. It's not a right or wrong thing either, just interested to know. People seem to be carrying on like we didn't get 59 points, or were not in the hunt for the CL until the final few games of the season.

Moyes is a terrible example. They wouldn't go for someone who has won nothing in his career.

A better (yet more OTT example) is Alex Ferguson. Would they have took him after United? Cant see it no matter how brilliant he was.
That's fair play. Moyes won nothing with us. I'm just angry mate and trying to find a similarity.
I'm getting to the stage of so be it, I can only assume that's the boards hope.... We get so down, we just except this.

Status
Not open for further replies.