New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael sold his POA to the board.

It's done. the length of delay is just to subdue the fans.

Let's just hope he goes balls deep into the pies* ugh I mean club
I don’t understand this idea at all. I mean I’m not saying you’re wrong because this is Everton after all, but if that’s what they’re doing it’s quite clearly a terrible tactic. It won’t make the fume any less, in fact If anything it just gives it more time to build, and less time to subside before ST renewal time and even the first game. Any comms professional could tell you that just getting it out of the way ASAP would be the best way to handle it, dragging it out is an awful strategy.

Agreed.

I’m 100% convinced it’s a smokescreen, if there’s any chance this madness is real, the board need to know it’s not acceptable.
If I'm being real honest with myself.

Like real honest.

Out of the availability of the managers, given the fact that Galtier maybe turned us down and getting fat no's from the Conte's and the like.

He maybe the safest bet.

unfortunately.

Still would have risked someone else, but objectively he is the best of the bottom feeders we've been linked with

Sorry.

Apologies.

Vault me

Would they REALLY smokescreen to this level? Graffiti, anger and general bad feeling??? I mean, WHY??

Has anyone from the club claimed benitez is in the frame? I don’t believe they have.

So they let the media run with it while they wait for their man (who’s probably under contract & involved in the euros) to become available.

Cost to remove a bedsheet & graffiti = pennies.

Mate, look at that squad and tell me what it is. Cos it's 4 managers worth of players with no balance, depth, pace, and quality. Then add to the fact our better players may be out the door by next season.

It's not about defensive play, it's about building a team. We don't have a team. Even if you're going to make a Pep style Barca mark 2 it will take years to get to as we are now. And to do that you need to keep with the same man in charge for that time regardless of where we end up.

As for City...come on. They spent billions and weren't hard to beat until the brought in and Italian of all people who's default is defence, to start winning things with Mancini.
We've tried being hard to beat, it hasn't worked. Where we agree is that we have a mess of a squad but that is because we have a DoF who doesn't actually do the job of a DoF and recruit a manager that suits our identity (he hasn't even established what our identity should be) and recruit players who fit that identity rather than whoever the revolving door of new managers feel like buying. He should tell them no, that's his job. Whether that is because Brands is bad at his job, a weak personality who is pushed around by successive managers or is frequently undermined by Moshiri, I don't know, it's probably a bit of all three. Either way nobody of sane mind can look at Benitez and think "there is a guy that will be here for years". Evertonians will rightly hound him out the minute results go bad, probably before. I would love us to take a long-term view and ignore fan pressure to give a young, progressive, ambitious manager a chance to develop a culture at the club, that, after all, is what Brands said he wanted. 62 year old has been Rafael Benitez, who is roundly loathed by the fan base and has fallen out with every owner/DoF/CEO he has ever worked with, is not the guy to do that with. It's a stupid appointment.

I don’t understand this idea at all. I mean I’m not saying you’re wrong because this is Everton after all, but if that’s what they’re doing it’s quite clearly a terrible tactic. It won’t make the fume any less, in fact If anything it just gives it more time to build, and less time to subside before ST renewal time and even the first game. Any comms professional could tell you that just getting it out of the way ASAP would be the best way to handle it, dragging it out is an awful strategy.
I guess everyone handles it differently.

I've lost all fight mate, just want to prep to begin

Status
Not open for further replies.