New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm flummoxed by this choice.

I really do think this is a bloody minded pushing through of a manager by an owner drunk on power and who's reacted vindictively against fan protests over the possibility of hiring Benitez.

This is Moshiri / Usmanov basically saying "we're in charge, pipe down".
You think it could also be about pushing Kenwright out?

If fans protest too loudly and start hounding managers and owners (which is where this can easily end up) then that provides the worst possible environment for getting stadium investment in.

This has the potential for major destabilisation of the club.
No. Not in modern football. Stands will still be full of day trippers.

Until I receive a personal email from DB-B confirming the identity of the new Manager I am not prepared to believe anything.

Doesnt reflect that well on DBB either way. She’s either calling the shots and has appointed Rafael, or she’s a CEO who isn’t allowed to make the biggest decisions at the football club.

I'm flummoxed by this choice.

I really do think this is a bloody minded pushing through of a manager by an owner drunk on power and who's reacted vindictively against fan protests over the possibility of hiring Benitez.

This is Moshiri / Usmanov basically saying "we're in charge, pipe down".
Or they just think he is the man they want for the job.

You are being totally overly dramatic

For all we know mate no one else who's much better wants the job - look at Spurs!

For all the dislike of Benitez he's probably got the best CV out of everyone bar Conte - its like going into an interview with a masters degree, tons of experience and not getting the job over someone who's only worked 16 hours in KFC but is younger and easier on the eye (Potter).
You can easily imagine Conte saying I want unlimited backing in the transfer market before he’d even sit down to discuss terms.

CV wise, Benitez has the best out of all those seriously linked to the job. I don’t think Conte was ever seriously in the running at all.

My major concerns are that he’s an extremely divisive figure and that he’s no longer at the peak of his powers. The RS get guys like Benitez and Klopp when they’re at their absolute best. We’ve appointed Ancelotti and now likely Benitez when they’re in their 60s and on the wane.

If fans protest too loudly and start hounding managers and owners (which is where this can easily end up) then that provides the worst possible environment for getting stadium investment in.

This has the potential for major destabilisation of the club.
Correct and despite that the club are still going to do it.....madness

Or they just think he is the man they want for the job.

You are being totally overly dramatic
No mate. Take a look around. The potential for disruption by hundreds and potentially thousands is palpable.

The vast majority will grudgingly for now accept this; but the appointment will be unpopular, and when it goes wrong the owners will feel the wrath as well as Benitez.

This is a strategic mistake by the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.