New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough mate - all I would say is if you was a Christian/Muslim whatever would you give up your faith just because you dont like the local priest who runs your church?

End of the day Evertons our religion and you pay to watch the 11 blokes on the pitch - I never give the fella in the dug out a 2nd glance when im at the game.

We should all want him to succeed here as the club succeeds and RS heads explode.
Religion isn’t real, it’s just a relief / comfort blanket for people who need to believe in something.
This is a real life environment and seriously affects people’s moods and lives.
I’ll happily turn my back on Everton football club if they appoint Benitez as it’s the wrong thing to do and totally disregards the feelings of the majority of the fan base.
Not like they bring much joy into our lives is it really?

Still not confirmed the inevitable employment of the fat kopite nobody wants?! Good stuff Everton, keep dragging it out. We don’t need to sign or sell players anyway.

He's the anti-football anti-Martinez appointment.

Once it's done, though, I wish only the best for the team - regardless of who is in the dugout. I cant be doing with wanting to see Everton fail because it shortens the tenure of any manager.
Strange appointment for me. Done little of note in quite some time, historically poor relationship with owners and DoF, and the fans will give him absolutely no leeway whatsoever - which the owners should be fully aware of.

Could Well be looking for a replacement within a year.

Would you accept them saying that if they appointed Rafael?
At the end of the day we were 4 wins off CL. They aren't ripping that up starting again. They want someone to push us on.
Personally I don't think it's Rafael but if it is I'll get on with it (until 2nd season syndrome kicks in again).

I wish this narrative would hurry up and die off. “4 wins” is 12 points which is a lot, we weren’t anywhere near top 4 and didn’t deserve to be.

So it looks like Rafael will be the new gaffer. I for one over the years have got fed up of the constant referring to our history, whilst a proud history its time to move on, we've not had a pot for a quarter of a century! However, when it comes to the appointment of Rafael I will refer back to the following Gordon Lee, Billy Bingham, Mike Walker, Walter Smith, Silva, Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce need I say more? Even after a spell of not winning a trophy Benitez surely is the best option currently out there if they are not willing to give Big Dunc the poisoned chalice?

If it is Rafael as the gaffer can we not give him a chance and hope that he rebuilds this squad? because currently there isnt much of a squad to challenge for the top half never mind challenge for silverware.

Strange appointment for me. Done little of note in quite some time, historically poor relationship with owners and DoF, and the fans will give him absolutely no leeway whatsoever - which the owners should be fully aware of.

Walking straight into a sh!t storm.
Everton written all over that.

And yet everyone can see this but they press ahead.
Are they not tired yet of making themselves look amateurish enough?
This 100% cements Everton as the laughing stock of the PL.

Ok then let's say a 59 point season, you don't rip that up. That was probably the Moyes average and would have us around the top 6.
The issue is more team have caught us up now whilst we've stood still. We need to push on now and not give any more teams the chance to overtake us.
I just fundamentally disagree to be honest. Getting 59 points playing like we did last year isn’t sustainable, and as I’ve said a million times before, the amount of points you get in any given season is only relevant in that year. League position is a much better indicator because it shows where you are in relation to your peers. As you said yourself, we’ve been overtaken by other teams, and that’s partly because we’ve taken a disjointed and short term view to progression. In my opinion we need to take a longer term view and bring in a manager who will help us to actually progress over time, instead of wanting to sign a load of 30 year olds to eke out a few extra wins in the first season and then having to start all over again. Luckily for you, the club evidently agrees with you, so I look forward to us treading water for a couple of years and then being in massive trouble when moshiri finally gets sick of having to buy an entirely new team every summer.

It's crazy for all those reasons.

I think the only rational reason is that he's a defensive minded coach and we wont see too many losses. We just wont see too many entertaining wins.

It's a "get us to a new stadium safely" appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.