New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I absolutely despise the idea of Benitez coming in. I hate his history, I hate his tactics, I hate his ties to the RS.

but there is a tiny voice in the back of my head that loves the chaos hate and anguish Everton brings. Like part of me relishes the shared vitriol we toffees can (and have) stir up bc we all know Everton will muck it up. I don’t know how to explain it other than just Everton That.

Language is not just about words, it's about context and cultural understanding. As someone who's wife speaks English as second language I can tell you that misinterpretations are commonplace even when the words seem to make sense.

As someone who speaks English as a first language I can tell you that misinterpretations are common when dealing with someone who also speaks English as a first language, especially when I try to hit an exacta or trifecta using multiple meanings of a word or use a specific word with multiple meanings in a specific way.

Language is not just about words, it's about context and cultural understanding. As someone who's wife speaks English as second language I can tell you that misinterpretations are commonplace even when the words seem to make sense.
I use that excuse with my wife too when I can.

But those loveable reds hey? Saying something offensive and it actually having a different meaning that means more. Beneathus knew what he was saying. He is a small manager and not fit to be associated with Everton.

My 'no way' mood ebbed from last night onward when the realisation that it's defo going to be him struck home. Now it's all about enduring this with a dented shield.

I wanted Nuno from the off, others wouldn't have it. Be careful what you wish for...

We’d be ‘enduring’ whatever manager came in. That’s the reality of where this squad is at. Any manager would still have had to use Keane Coleman Siggurdson Davies Gomes extensively. They’re utter donkeys who can’t/won’t play football for anyone no matter what their philosophy.

At least Benitez will bring some discipline to what is one of the most unprofessional squads in the league. For me this is just a bridging period, a season or two of hard medicine to put us in a position where an actual decent manager that we want could take us forward.

Moshiri can’t risk much else though, imagine giving this lot to a manager with no proven background in the premier league or of working with poorer players, they’d have him under the bus by December like they did with Silva.

The finger of blame can be pointed in all sorts of places Moshiri, Koeman/Walsh, Brands, but the harsh harsh reality is that we have a squad of very poor players (some I’ve listed not even premier league standard) and thanks to FFP we’ve got no real way of changing that quickly. We just can’t give the train set to a manager that’s a gamble now, as difficult as that is for some fans to accept.

I don’t want Benitez as much as the next bloke but I’m not shocked at all that the short list looked like Nuno, Moyes, Benitez. Imagine Potter with this lot! We’re an injury or two to Docuoure or Calvert Lewin away from having the worst mid field and front line in the league, if Pickford from first half of last season turns up we would be in the relegation mix.

For me it looks like Moshiri has gone for the lowest risk option. I can’t blame him for that because I wouldn’t trust these players an inch either, they’re a Frankenstein squad, an utter abomination that are a disgrace to the club. What I do blame him for is that he’s presided over this whole mess for the last five seasons.

EA4982EF-5A34-4CD5-9872-4A6F3563E5EC.png

….pretty much unmoved for a few days & my predicted move on AVB hasn’t happened (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.