New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bothered people don’t agree with me, more the way you get tarred as a red if you don’t agree with certain people, bit like North Korea
“Bit like North Korea”

Jesus wept, have a word with yourself will you?

Yeah, being “tarred a red” on an internet message board is JUST like one of the most brutal, oppressive Totalitarian regimes on the face of the planet.

Well he won't. What i'm saying is there are 2 ways I can see Liverpool fans falling out with him over this. 1. He becomes genuinely successful with us and it overshadows his time there (bob hope) 2. He renounces them publicly and says he despises them with every inch of his being (no hope).

Yes I agree with that. Most modern days reds are not very logical though, and get really offended at quite needless things. Thats my wider point. They hate Martin Tyler. All it's going to take is Benitez to not relegate us, and for a section of them they will see him as a traitor.

They are a very strange bunch. I know quite a few older reds who are genuinely alright, a bit like blues and the above would be true. But there's a layer of newer glory hunters who act like muppets. I think they will find offence in Benitez as they will set the bar ridiculously high for him if that makes sense? Like if he doesn't turn up to the first interview in an LFC tracksuit they will get angry.

I'm not saying everyone who wants or is getting behind Benitez is a red. Most of them are just crap blues who just don't understand how damaging this will be for the club and the relationship with the support. I just don't think you're in that group.
Myself. My heads battered. I just want something sorted. Certainly don’t want Benitez, absolutely not. But I can sort of understand the boards thinking if they just want stability and stay in the Prem until the stadium is built as it suits their business model and investment. What upsets me as much as being in an abusive relationship with a club I love though is fans turning on each other. I don’t want Benitez, I’ll say it again, but if some can put up with it, what makes them crap blues? And what elevated you into being a not crap blue? Serious question. Who gave you the authority to slag other blues off just because you don’t agree with them? Did you go to super blue school? Get a certificate? It’s a crying shame. One, the way the club is run, two to see the fan base bicker. Frontally fed up if Everton right now. Just wanted a relaxing summer. But here we are.

You say football fans aren't rational yet there are many who are saying the same things I am about Benitez across this thread. I'm sure there are more out there exhausted by our fans getting up in arms over his comment from 13 years ago when all it really did was point out the truth... that Moyes didn't go into those matches to win and the club has lacked ambition for decades.
I'm not trying to attack you for being a foreign supporter Laz but this "comment from 13 years ago" downplaying strikes me as coming from a place that didn't have to experience sharing the city with him for a decade.

I don't think it is coincidental that most of the posters who are telling people to look past his history aren't scousers who put him with him and their supporters locally.

I just dont think most foreign supporters really get why this is such a big deal or are even able to.

Myself. My heads battered. I just want something sorted. Certainly don’t want Benitez, absolutely not. But I can sort of understand the boards thinking if they just want stability and stay in the Prem until the stadium is built as it suits their business model and investment. What upsets me as much as being in an abusive relationship with a club I love though is fans turning on each other. I don’t want Benitez, I’ll say it again, but if some can put up with it, what makes them crap blues? And what elevated you into being a not crap blue? Serious question. Who gave you the authority to slag other blues off just because you don’t agree with them? Did you go to super blue school? Get a certificate? It’s a crying shame. One, the way the club is run, two to see the fan base bicker. Frontally fed up if Everton right now. Just wanted a relaxing summer. But here we are.
The stability thing makes no sense to me.

There's no scenario where I see him lasting more than 18 months. We have hounded out managers we actually liked in less time than that. He doesn't stand a chance.

Nobody gave me any authority. I'm just expressing an opinion like those happy clippers who believe we are all crap blues if we don't get behind the man the board appoints. Nobody should take me seriously.

You've been calling people sheep and Bitters because they don't want him.

I'd say, at the very least, that makes you a Benitez fan.

If you weren't then why go to the trouble of being rude and insulting so many blues?
And I’ve been getting called red scum and given the finger all day because I said I’d give him a chance , works both ways , it’s all about opinions on a forum, maybe I caused offence , if I did I apologise, but I’d say it’s been 50/50

My red mates are finding this hilarious that we might appoint him. It's going to be absolutely miserable over the next while if this happens.

If they thought he would do a good job here for us then they would absolutely not be reacting in this way.

Who isn't aware of that though? I reckon at least 95% of people on here would say exactly the same, so who are you aiming that at, and what does it have to do with the new manager?
Because a high percentage of fans are moaning because Benitez once called us a small club and as much as I don't want him to be our manager, out of him and Nuno I would have Benitez

Didn’t mean bitter as in success more just bitter generally
Yeah, sure you did buddy. Saying every person who supports Everton are bitter in general really does look like a statement an Evertonian would make. Seems way more likely than you being a kopite.

There was some benefit of the doubt from my side until you tried explaining away this insted of saying 'yeah, that bitter blue comment i made didnt really make much sense and was kinda cringy'.

#EatTheRS

“Bit like North Korea”

Jesus wept, have a word with yourself will you?

Yeah, being “tarred a red” on an internet message board is JUST like one of the most brutal, oppressive Totalitarian regimes on the face of the planet.
Like North Korea because you can’t have an opinion,

And I’ve been getting called red scum and given the finger all day because I said I’d give him a chance , works both ways , it’s all about opinions on a forum, maybe I caused offence , if I did I apologise, but I’d say it’s been 50/50
No you have been called a red and getting fingered because you have been rude and insulting to fellow posters in your first posts for 13 years.

Plenty of others are backing Benitez and having pleasant chats with fellow supporters without reverting to calling them Bitters or Sheep for disagreeing. You can't seem to do that and so people are giving it back to you.

Yeah, sure you did buddy. Saying every person who supports Everton are bitter in general really does look like a statement an Evertonian would make. Seems way more likely than you being a kopite.

There was some benefit of the doubt from my side until you tried explaining away this insted of saying 'yeah, that bitter blue comment i made didnt really make much sense and was kinda cringy'.

#EatTheRS
I never said every blue is bitter, again your being selective and adding facts

Status
Not open for further replies.