Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate, absolutely hate, agreeing with @TheBigIguana but the whole point of a DoF is continuity when there is coaching changes. The fact we are not doing anything regarding transfers underlines how utterly pointless Brands' role is. Brands should be deciding upon the transfer policy and the vast majority of the playing staff because that is the job of a DoF. Look at the mess our squad is in after short term manager after short term manager is allowed to buy their favourites with no view to the broader balance of the squad. Brands is a giant waste of space. Oh God, I am agreeing with @davek as well, what is going on!!
My point is that he can't ensure continuity if he has no say in the manager that works with the players. He could bring in the whole Argentina squad and want Guardiola to coach tippy tappy football but if Moshiri then overrules and says "look Brandsy, I want Allardyce and that's final" then you'll be watching Romero smash the ball long to Aguero all day bypassing Messi altogether.

Plus some of the managers that have been brought in have clearly had their say in who comes in too which will impact Brands plans and budget etc.

Essentially what I'm saying is he should quit as he can't do his job under this owner.

My point is that he can't ensure continuity if he has no say in the manager that works with the players. He could bring in the whole Argentina squad and want Guardiola to coach tippy tappy football but if Moshiri then overrules and says "look Brandsy, I want Allardyce and that's final" then you'll be watching Romero smash the ball long to Aguero all day bypassing Messi altogether.

Plus some of the managers that have been brought in have clearly had their say in who comes in too which will impact Brands plans and budget etc.

Essentially what I'm saying is he should quit as he can't do his job under this owner.
Agreed. Although I'm not sure I would quit a seven-figure salary for doing absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.