Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also don't have a manager. I'd imagine signings need to be run by them?
Honestly no. If we had a DOF doing his job and a consistent set up we'd be fine to sign players by assuring them that the manager would continue on what the club was already doing, whoever it ends up being.

They shouldn't be if Brands is meant to be doing his job. The "type" of player? Sure. The ACTUAL player? Nope. And regardless of who the manager is, we need a RB. That's undeniable. We need another CM who has pace. That's also undeniable.
If he was allowed to do his job, he'd be getting players in that fit a system and then recommending a coach that would fit said system. Unfortunately I reckon he has zero input in the appointing of the coach rendering him basically useless.

Honestly no. If we had a DOF doing his job and a consistent set up we'd be fine to sign players by assuring them that the manager would continue on what the club was already doing, whoever it ends up being.
Maybe he has stuff lined up? Deals take months but is waiting for the appointment to green light them?

I remember reading stuff saying we had been tracking Godfrey for two years so clearly deals don't just happen like that... There may be some that are quicker and you target on a list when you assess need, but generally most take a long time to plan. I would imagine Brands has spoken to Benitez about the club targets that we we already working on(presuming Nunes and Dumfries are two going off reports)... They would have to agree..

Well he didn't care did he? He literally left at the first opportunity. I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make there?

Wasn't the first opportunity, he had offers that he didn't take up according to Super Kev. Different game when Real came in.

Point was all the whinging about him doing it for a pay day, didn't care about the progress of the club, that the real job was lined up for months etc. Basically all the bubbles that was chatted.

The plan was set up for next season. Now we're after Rafael.

Wasn't the first opportunity, he had offers that he didn't take up according to Super Kev. Different game when Real came in.

Point was all the whinging about him doing it for a pay day, didn't care about the progress of the club, that the real job was lined up for months etc. Basically all the bubbles that was chatted.

The plan was set up for next season. Now we're after Rafael.
None of what you originally quoted actually backs that up though? I mean, I don't think anyone thought he was literally just sat there with his feet up saying 'i'm not arsed what you do lads, i'm just here for the money'. Of course they'd discussed who we might buy and all that stuff, but that doesn't mean he was fully invested in the future of the club. It doesn't mean he wasn't obviously, but you appear to be trying to suggest a completely normal quote is some sort of smoking gun to his detractors. It isn't.

None of what you originally quoted actually backs that up though? I mean, I don't think anyone thought he was literally just sat there with his feet up saying 'i'm not arsed what you do lads, i'm just here for the money'. Of course they'd discussed who we might buy and all that stuff, but that doesn't mean he was fully invested in the future of the club. It doesn't mean he wasn't obviously, but you appear to be trying to suggest a completely normal quote is some sort of smoking gun to his detractors. It isn't.

To me it does.

Closes that chapter on the book so I can await our new hotshot gaffer

We also don't have a manager. I'd imagine signings need to be run by them?
I hate, absolutely hate, agreeing with @TheBigIguana but the whole point of a DoF is continuity when there is coaching changes. The fact we are not doing anything regarding transfers underlines how utterly pointless Brands' role is. Brands should be deciding upon the transfer policy and the vast majority of the playing staff because that is the job of a DoF. Look at the mess our squad is in after short term manager after short term manager is allowed to buy their favourites with no view to the broader balance of the squad. Brands is a giant waste of space. Oh God, I am agreeing with @davek as well, what is going on!!

I hate, absolutely hate, agreeing with @TheBigIguana but the whole point of a DoF is continuity when there is coaching changes. The fact we are not doing anything regarding transfers underlines how utterly pointless Brands' role is. Brands should be deciding upon the transfer policy and the vast majority of the playing staff because that is the job of a DoF. Look at the mess our squad is in after short term manager after short term manager is allowed to buy their favourites with no view to the broader balance of the squad. Brands is a giant waste of space. Oh God, I am agreeing with @davek as well, what is going on!!
Welcome brother

Status
Not open for further replies.