News of Ex Players

Fond memories of my football idol Dave Hickson who passed away eight years ago today July 8th

I was.priviliged to do the eulogy at his funeral at Liverpool Cathedral

My old man's favourite player and he saw them all (bar Dixie).
The only time I've seen my Dad lost for words when he met Hickson walking down Goodison Road.
I was only about 9 but I do remember it quite well and Dave was an absolute gentleman.

Fond memories of my football idol Dave Hickson who passed away eight years ago today July 8th

I was.priviliged to do the eulogy at his funeral at Liverpool Cathedral

….I played for a team he managed back in the ‘70s. My folks were star struck whenever he rang our house. Chuffed when he asked me to play for his ‘All Star’ team in a charity game, running out alongside the likes of Derek Temple. Fond memories.

….I played for a team he managed back in the ‘70s. My folks were star struck whenever he rang our house. Chuffed when he asked me to play for his ‘All Star’ team in a charity game, running out alongside the likes of Derek Temple. Fond memories.
He played for my team the Rikki Brown Merseyside Showbiz Eleven for years and I was best man when he married his darling Pat. Oh so many wonderful memories