New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eggs I agree, please everyone who is calling Benitez, "Rafael" cease immediately...

David Moyes = Moyes
Roberto Martinez = Martinez
Ronald Koeman = Koeman
Sam Allardyce = Allardyce
Carlo Ancelotti = Ancelotti*

Why "Rafael" ? Its killing me lol

*ok it could be Carlo due to Davide being assistant.

Yes I've seen this ruffle the feathers line, but I don't really know what that means in a football context? Or know what it means anymore than what Ancelotti did? He is not a young man anymore, and with age comes a different, often less confrontational way of working (which can be good and bad). You can't do everything yourself anymore. I know Alex Ferguson as he got into his 60's increasingly started letting Phelan and Meulensteen run bigger aspects of training and the like and was more of an overseer than a coach. As you get older your value is going to be around tactical acumen in games and a bit of man management than maybe coaching.

Benitez is confrontational but not in the way people think. I really don't think he will be interested in much more than money to spend. People seem to be suggesting he will ensure the club is ran better. For the most part his moans at other clubs have been to run clubs worse, or at least unsustainably for his own ends as opposed to the wider needs of the club.

I don't see any real evidence that he is going to take some holistic, long term, broad view of rebuilding Everton.

In honesty he is going to be a continuation of the good and the bad we have had before. Usmanov/Moshiri will provide him the funds he wants, and he will happily spend them, with seemingly neither really worrying about what happens if/when the funds run out.

How he utilises the Evertonian's around him, but there has been some chat about David Weir coming back as well. It's the sort of thing I can see him doing.

Precisely. At Chelsea he brought in Zenden as an assistant.

At Liverpool, he had Sammy Lee.

At Newcastle he brought back Simon Smith as a Goalkeeping coach.

I reckon the club are just laughing at us all gullible, they've not really spoken to Benitez they just find it hilarious how angry we all are.

I know the world has gone mental the last couple of years, but these mad fanboy accounts are burning my head out

First of all you've got that weird Icelandic Statto account who appears to be like the internet equivalent of the Candyman - you only need to type the word "Sigurdsson" and he appears, ready to spam whichever medium is the flavour of the day

And now there's a Benitez one with inside information about how Benitez was blameless at any of the jobs he's failed at since he was sacked by Liverpool

Bizarre times we are living in. A worldwide pandemic feels far more normal than this recent trend

Status
Not open for further replies.