New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To all these Everton fans who love to see themselves as these incredibly deep thinkers who are really cool and reasonable about appointing Benitez because he has won some trophies and we shouldn't be bitter etc.

You do realize that it doesn't matter how calm about it all that you are and it will be an utter disaster because a large amount of our fans do not think like you and will never give him a chance?

I genuinely can not get my head around the thought that some people think that it's a good idea for that reason alone.

I get a sense of who actually attended match day regular and those who only really watched TV for their Toffee men. Others would get the vitriol that will be waiting to spill if they stood anywhere at goodison for several matches.

Correct. Before anyone jumps on me I know it is difficult to separate the two but I will support the Team as always next season but not the manager who can do one

See I don't even think I am in that boat.

Me from a personal level, I probably would give him a chance, a small one but I would be willing to see what happens but it is not an appointment made just to placate me. It's what the large majority of the fans will think about the appointment which to me would flag this up as an incredibly stupid and unprofessional appointment.

I feel/felt exactly the same about Moyes and Martinez (and I like Martinez). A new manager needs to be given a chance, not by the fans but by the club employing him, they will not be doing this if they appoint a divisive character.

To all these Everton fans who love to see themselves as these incredibly deep thinkers who are really cool and reasonable about appointing Benitez because he has won some trophies and we shouldn't be bitter etc.

You do realize that it doesn't matter how calm about it all that you are and it will be an utter disaster because a large amount of our fans do not think like you and will never give him a chance?

I genuinely can not get my head around the thought that some people think that it's a good idea for that reason alone.

This is the problem, but says more about those people than anything else if they are willing to cause self harm to the club just because he worked for them.

He also loves the city and will throw his all at this.

Don't think he's after a final paycheck. He loves the city which I think means he'll be at least one of the most commited managers we can find.

Also all this after a final pay check etc just ring as BS for most managers at this level. They love football, they love winning. He's rich enough to retire now if he wants.

He loves the city that much (and doesn't need the money etc) yet he's just spent two years managing in China.

That is totally irrelevant though. There was enough of a push for him to go.

Of course nothing will be 100% but most managers would get a honeymoon period. He wont get that.

I honestly don't get why you and others don't see this? There has to be some modicum of backing for a clubs manager otherwise they are screwed.

Allardyce had a 24% approval rating in the poll that was run on here before he was appointed. I don’t recall there being mass protests in Goodison while he was here.

I think you are overestimating the apathy of modern football fans and the fact that wins is what keeps most happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.