New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reds on their various forums are absolutely fuming at the prospect of one of their greats joining us.

I’d take him in a heartbeat. He’s won La Liga twice with mediocre teams, as well as the FA Cup and the Champions League.

The “small team” jibe didn’t infuriate me as much as it did others. He was obviously referring to our underdog status. Don’t forget we’d just finished 17th.

Even if (and it is a massive, massive if) he was to become a success here he would always have been theirs before he was ours.

The small club thing is not that big a deal in general I reckon, however in context to everything else here it is the cherry on top of a particularly rancid cake.

This is the big danger, the small club thing is taking peoples eyes off the ball. They are trying to apply reason to the small club jibe and will overlook it as it was not that bad whilst totally ignoring the massive list of other reasons why he is not a good fit for us.

Allardyce was not the best option. He got an 18 month deal and was another embarrassing appointment. These professionals aren't really a great barometer to be judged on .
Koeman and Walsh also turned out to be horrific appointments .
They haven't a clue how to build a successful club. Hence we are a mid table non entity
The eighteen mouths was simply a payoff guarante for him, nothing else. He was never staying here beyond the season he was appointed. Ever. There was nobody else available at the time to get on a short term deal. We'd tried Rhino and it was a total disaster and a continue of what had been borderline relegation form. They brought in BFS and the slug did enough to drag us over the line. If he'd stayed here beyond the six mouths he was here then it would've been disastrous but he didn't so imo it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.