New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Even ignoring his football knowledge he should at least have some form of business acumen to realize that appointing him would be utter madness.
As much as I agree with this. I do feel he could come in and do a job. If he can stabilise the club and do what he did with the RS its a job well done. I don't think any level headed Everton fan would turn their nose up at winning a trophy and consistently getting Europe would they?

Ok, all fair points. Very fair.
But considering how poor we were at home this season I think that a manager who can sort our fragile defence out might be needed. We put up with some fairly dull defensive dross under Moyes at times and under Allardyce, so if we need to suffer that then at least we are used to it.
His family are here yes. But..,he’s not stupid and will know that his family will probably suffer at least verbal abuse if things don’t go well for him here. I’m pretty sure that he wants the job for more than just convenience and actually sees an opportunity to rebuild himself by rebuilding us.
He isn't rebuilding anything but the bus he will park. And our fans hated the negative tactics at home.
Is it just me or do the Nuno / Benitez situations both just seem like Moshiri having meetings with those guys, getting impressed easily, and leaving them the impression that they are the favorite and are imminently to receive an offer, which their camp then prematurely leaks to the press.

Meanwhile, Moshiri goes back to the board with his decision and they scramble to talk him out of it. Hence the public confusion and subsequent silences coming from the club itself?
Bingo

Purely as a social experiment, I'm strangely interested how Benitez would get on with our squad of brave, athletic, lionhearted warriors.
Who knows? He may just try getting them to pass to each other so that they move deeper into the opponent's half and attempt to score some goals. Stranger things have happened.

Each to their own, but I can’t agree he’s a busted flush in my view and one that has been fairly disparaging about us. What makes you think he’s going to do better than anybody else linked based on his last 10 years?

He's won 3 trophies in that time, 4 if you include the championship with Newcastle.

No one on that list screams I'm the one. Therefore I'm willing to back anyone the club chooses, we don't know if it will be Benitez yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.