New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't like modern football in which a manager can happily manage both Spurs and Chelsea, or play for Barcelona and one of the Madrid clubs, or play for both Manchester clubs, etc etc. Even if you set aside the fact that he's a red...

- We will not get pacy, powerful football. He'll set up a defensive team for one season at least
- What is his coaching style, tactical philosophy? Do we like it?
- He only would want this job because his family are here. Not because of hte opportunity
Ok, all fair points. Very fair.
But considering how poor we were at home this season I think that a manager who can sort our fragile defence out might be needed. We put up with some fairly dull defensive dross under Moyes at times and under Allardyce, so if we need to suffer that then at least we are used to it.
His family are here yes. But..,he’s not stupid and will know that his family will probably suffer at least verbal abuse if things don’t go well for him here. I’m pretty sure that he wants the job for more than just convenience and actually sees an opportunity to rebuild himself by rebuilding us.

Is it just me or do the Nuno / Benitez situations both just seem like Moshiri having meetings with those guys, getting impressed easily, and leaving them the impression that they are the favorite and are imminently to receive an offer, which their camp then prematurely leaks to the press.

Meanwhile, Moshiri goes back to the board with his decision and they scramble to talk him out of it. Hence the public confusion and subsequent silences coming from the club itself?

None of the candidates have great recent history and he has by far the best overall career. The belittling of the team I can take as I expect a manager of a rival team to do that, just like he would be forced to say nice things about us IF he became manager.

I don't want Rafael but I also don't want anyone else on that list. So whoever they pick because they think they will get the best results is fine by me. If he comes it will be for 2 years or less, if he gets more it will be because he has won something and if anyone won't take that then I'm afraid they are more anti-RS than pro-Everton.

I don't get to decide who manages us and if we start protesting and trying to force someone out then we'll end up with someone like Steve Kean and relegation. The new Everton way should be 'what would Everton do, then do the opposite'.
Each to their own, but I can’t agree he’s a busted flush in my view and one that has been fairly disparaging about us. What makes you think he’s going to do better than anybody else linked based on his last 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.