New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all,
nonetheless he has won a second tier league and in doing so has beaten a team which would be one of the biggest and wealthiest in the world.... not just France.

He didn't just beat him in a one off cup final either but in a league where games are played over a sustained period .

From what I have seen and read about him he builds teams rather than buys team and has a decent history of developing young players. We now see that the team that won the league is basically being broken down into it's component parts and being sold across Europe so he probably doesn't want to start there again, but realistically no matter where you go in France you face that problem.

This is the model that Everton has no choice but to follow unless Usmanov suddenly decides to completely throw his lot in with Moshiri and go for broke.

Every single manager is a calculated risk....Nuno will be a risk, Conte would be a risk, Simeone would be a risk....all for different reasons.

Indeed. I mean Ancelotti clearly proved to be a risk, given what happened.

Let's look at the ones he's brought in lately. Fabio Silva, £30m, lanky streak of piss who wouldn't get a game in our reserves. Semedo, who has been, at best, 'hit and miss' and, again, cost nearly £30m, would struggle to get a game ahead of Coleman. Toti Gomes, whoever he is.

£60m+ last summer on basically nothing.

The Portuguese 'decent player' list only goes so far, it dried up quickly and Mendes needs to make his money off the also-rans now.

Agree on Silva, but he's young and may well get better, think he was thrown in a bit too early due to their striker injuries and sales, Semedo I'm sure would get in our team ahead of this Coleman, not the younger one. Benitez for me is yesterday's man, the one at liverpool and Chelsea yes all day, but he practically gave up at Newcastle and has been slumping it in China the last two years. Even at his best Tuby he was always a revolving door manager, players in and out the door, good manager yes, but I feel his best days are behind him. If your willing to give Rafael a chance why not Nuno, because I believe he will be a safe pair of hands to the absolute mess we've been for the last 5 years.

If Rafael and Nuno are the top options the club has then the writing is on the wall they are fine with mid table mediocrity and don't care about the fans
Speak ror yourself, for my part i would sell my house, my car, my wifes and my kids to see Rafael and Nuno have a naked mud-fight to the death for the honour of managing the Blues. I would then worship the winner like the big sweaty, filthy slab of blood soaked manliness they would be!

I don't think Evertonians have a proper grasp on how enticing our club is. We all think we're a car crash of a club, which we are - but so is pretty much every other football club. It's an insane industry, full of insane people making insane decisions with insane money.

We're still one of the top 20 clubs in the world to play for, in the best league in the world. We don't have the weather, but England has pretty much everything else for a young lad with money to burn.

We are a very attractive prospect.
I get the sentiment but so far we’ve only seen the likes of Nuno, and the fs waiter and those throw their hat in. I think it’s a harder job than we think to get a recognised manager in.
But I hope it’s just my fed up attitude talking!

Thought Rafael did a good job at Newcastle with the dross he had & got the best out of the players he had, a bit like Moyes used to do, the difference being Rafael knows how to win big games. Never thought Carlo got the best out of what was available.

Would give Rafael a chance as long as he was Brands choice. A few good results & all would be well but if the results are poor the fans will have no patience. A difficult one if Brands thinks he’s the best available who is attainable.
Did no better than Steve Bruce has.
Living up here I meet the occasional sensible Skunks fan (they do exist, honestly) and they will confirm that the football was dreadful and negative. He was a ‘hero’ because he stood up to Ashley, not because of any achievements on the field of play.

Difficult to do better than the very good teams above us so yes...We are a very difficult job. Because if the manager can't instantly do that whilst playing champagne football, they are criticised and the pressure cranks right up.

And you've just said it there, we've had five managers who have brought in vastly different players proving we are not an easy fix.
Because we are constantly bringing in different managers with vastly different ideas how to play. Do you not agree that the way Nuno has played the entire time in the league he sets up his teams a completely different way that ANY of our other managers? How does it make sense to have him come in with an entire squad of players not fit to play the way he wants. And, again, how many other managers play the way he does? Very little. So when he gets sacked or moves on, we're going to have pretty much an entire squad of players we have almost no use for.

So Jiminez, Jota, Netto, Patrice and Neves are junk Portuguese players, wow really and what did Benitez buy at Newcasle or hows he done in China for the last 2 years, when he decided to just take the coin ?

Go and watch Almiron for Paraguay in the Copa America or Dubravka for Slovakia at the Euros. How about one of the best defences in the league with Schar, Fernandez, Lejuene and turning Lascelles in to the youngest captain in their history. Giving Sean Longstaff his debut and breaking him in to the first team. Turning Perez in to a 30 mil player who is doing well for himself at Leicester now.

Agree on Silva, but he's young and may well get better, think he was thrown in a bit too early due to their striker injuries and sales, Semedo I'm sure would get in our team ahead of this Coleman, not the younger one. Benitez for me is yesterday's man, the one at liverpool and Chelsea yes all day, but he practically gave up at Newcastle and has been slumping it in China the last two years. Even at his best Tuby he was always a revolving door manager, players in and out the door, good manager yes, but I feel his best days are behind him. If your willing to give Rafael a chance why not Nuno, because I believe he will be a safe pair of hands to the absolute mess we've been for the last 5 years.

Because Nuno is tied inextricably to Mendes, and Nuno has spent a lot of money through Mendes to achieve nothing except line his pockets and the pockets of his huge entourage - something we've had numerous managers do and I don't think repeating something over and over again expecting a different result is a good idea.

I'd give Benitez a chance purely because he has a reputation that could attract players, he's known to be competent in the past tactically, he's won things and there's a chance he'd have something to prove. Is he my number one choice? No. Would I prefer him to dross like Howe, Potter and Nuno? Absolutely.

Speak ror yourself, for my part i would sell my house, my car, my wifes and my kids to see Rafael and Nuno have a naked mud-fight to the death for the honour of managing the Blues. I would then worship the winner like the big sweaty, filthy slab of blood soaked manliness they would be!
Shoot... Now I want this

Go and watch Almiron for Paraguay in the Copa America or Dubravka for Slovakia at the Euros. How about one of the best defences in the league with Schar, Fernandez, Lejuene and turning Lascelles in to the youngest captain in their history. Giving Sean Longstaff his debut and breaking him in to the first team. Turning Perez in to a 30 mil player who is doing well for himself at Leicester now.
Wow.
Are you guillem balagaue

Did no better than Steve Bruce has.
Living up here I meet the occasional sensible Skunks fan (they do exist, honestly) and they will confirm that the football was dreadful and negative. He was a ‘hero’ because he stood up to Ashley, not because of any achievements on the field of play.

Eh?

He took them up and established them as a Premier League side, staying at the club through relegation despite going down being no fault of his own. That's why he's lauded by them.

His stance with Ashley can't be criticised as that's actually ambition - saying he's not happy to just exist in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.