Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon Zac 24 is not even near his prime, we made a profit on Vlasic and he flopped.

Its Zat, not Zac...

Vlasic was 21 when we sold him...he also didnt 'flop' he was played out of position and rarely.

Im not sure too many Portuguese flops in England are sold for half their fee a season later....if we sign him for £20mil rumoured then £10mil...

Who pays that for a squad player in Portugal?

Its Zat, not Zac...

Vlasic was 21 when we sold him...he also didnt 'flop' he was played out of position and rarely.

Im not sure too many Portuguese flops in England are sold for half their fee a season later....if we sign him for £20mil rumoured then £10mil...

Who pays that for a squad player in Portugal?
What happens if he doesn’t flop though Zat. Teams are built on cohesion, he maybe just the man that allows another player to take 3 leaps in progression.

What happens if he doesn’t flop though Zat. Teams are built on cohesion, he maybe just the man that allows another player to take 3 leaps in progression.

True as well....im no scout mate.

Im just saying ive not seen someone who walks into the premier league and we step back and say..."wow". Or maybe we do...who knows...

Also depends on the team formation / style.

Nuno had Moutinho / Neves most games so no real defensive midfielder.

For me if were getting a midfielder id get a DM. We could get a top quality young starter for 20mil...up to £30mil.

£20mil for a Sporting squad player seems pretty high to me dont you think?

True as well....im no scout mate.

Im just saying ive not seen someone who walks into the premier league and we step back and say..."wow". Or maybe we do...who knows...

Also depends on the team formation / style.

Nuno had Moutinho / Neves most games so no real defensive midfielder.

For me if were getting a midfielder id get a DM. We could get a top quality young starter for 20mil...up to £30mil.

£20mil for a Sporting squad player seems pretty high to me dont you think?
Nobody has any idea because nobody has really seen him play or knows how he’ll be utilised in our team.

He seems to be able to progress with the ball, which is something we have really struggled with for a long time

24 is old now? Christ

No one has said that.

What i said was...

A: If we sign him for £20mil and he flops.

B: Next season hes 24 and has been a sporting squad player and a flop at Everton.

How do we get 50%+ of our money back ?

Hes not 27 or 28 with alot more first team experience to sell someone on.

Hes not u21 like Neto was so we cant sell his potential.

How do we get our money back?

Its a risky signing. Thats all ive said.

Valid rule.

I'd counter the application of it in this instance by pointing out that the same player (Philips) just had an excellent season in the Prem.

Buy him. Now.
I reckon he's going to go somewhere this window for some big money.

He's a great player, and he's going to get the chance to advertise that this tournament, just as he did yesterday.

No one has said that.

What i said was...

B: Next season hes 24 and has been a sporting squad player and a flop at Everton.

He could flop if he was 19, he could flop if he was 29, past that, I could give a rats about sell on fee. Fabio Silva was atrocious last season and I can’t see many clubs banging on the door with 30mil ready to go. It’s not so cut and dry, 23/24 is a good age to buy, should be physically matured but still a lot of years left

I
No one has said that.

What i said was...

take this point. It’s just like Iwobi. Squad player at Arsenal and failed at Everton.

Too old to sell on potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.