New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if evertons board think hiring nuno is a way of moving us forwards then who am I aye to Criticise?
Matty, you're free to criticize, this is a fans forum where we can all vent our feelings, but I feel that we all get carried away with things we have no control over. We are Everton, it's very difficult to get Everton out of your system, however bad things are, so obsess about the things you can control, and accept that things will happen that you can't. We don't know what's going to happen this season, I just hope that I can be in the ground to see it.

Of course we hope like all Everton managers that he is successful, but like many on here I’m underwhelmed with the likely appointment of Nuno. We have been in the doldrums for so long, is he really the man to change the mentality within the club? Time will tell I guess.
Let's be honest there isn't a manager who would come that would overwhelm us. Ancelotti looked like he would be it but that ended badly. Managers on the most part eat sleep and breath the game. They'll have seen our squad in action they'll know our background and even though we can offer a large salary and probably a decent amount to spend this Summer while most continental sides will sell to buy,yet no big names are interested.

It's been widely reported the salary Ancelotti received ,we have been a club who have spent in the transfer market yet Conti and other top managers with a history of winning trophies have no interest in managing us. Hope that helps

And reports that Wolves are selling two of their better players and made no attempt to buy cover for their long-term injured CF would point to why he was...sacked lol
Totally agree. He’s not the manager I’d hoped for, but people are trying hard to belittle how well he has done

Here are my objections to Nuno:

1) He stands for a defensive type of football. He approach is reactive instead of proactive. Even in the Championship - when Wolverhampton were one of the best teams - he had this approach. After Ancelotti's Catenaccio period, it's the last thing we need. We need a manager who is proactive, wants to win the duels high on the field, and try to dominate the matches.

2) His periods in Valencia and Porto were not exactly successful. The fans hated the way they played football, and not winning anything with Porto is not impressive. He had a good first season with Valencia, but eventually the results only got worse and worse. His teams have always had problems beating opponents who are believed to be weaker. This also applies to Wolves.

We need a manager who can give us optimism, and who gives us faith in the impossible. One who believes attacking is the best defense, and who wants to win the ball high up on the opponent's half of the field. A manager who stands for vertical positional football, and who believes that football means something more than just results. It has an aesthetic side to it.

I just can not bear, once again, to sit and watch my team sit absorbing pressure around the penalty area, and wait for a set piece or to counter a goal. If we are going to go for this style of play then we can just as well hire Egil Olsen, Nils Johan Semb, Lars Lagerback, etc., these guys are experts in this.
Hold on, after his first two seasons in the PL with Wolves almost every other club outside the 'top 6' would have been happy to have him. They played good counter attacking football.

What people like you are doing is emphasising his final season just because you want a Mancini or Galtier or some other out of reach manager.

I really don’t understand the level of hate for a manager that brought a club up from the championship and got them a top 7 finish in 2 of their last 3 seasons, something we would have loved and aimed for this season. A manager that is highly rated by Wolves fans. His record before Wolves is impressive too. Last season he was poor, it was poor for Ancelotti too but he’s now gone to Real Madrid

some comments purely based on his appearance just shows why we are mediocre and a toxic fan base. Bring back Martinez because he wore nice shoes. Ancelotti got us all excited but was ultimately a failure. Conte won’t look at us and who can blame him. Now it looks like we are getting a manager in that has been pretty successful in his last few roles but because we didn’t get a French manager that half us hadn’t heard of until 2 weeks ago it isn’t good enough and he’s written off already. Just as well we have fans outside of this forum.

Let’s just all boo him at Goodison and start this merry go round all over again in 12 months.

Here are my objections to Nuno:

1) He stands for a defensive type of football. He approach is reactive instead of proactive. Even in the Championship - when Wolverhampton were one of the best teams - he had this approach. After Ancelotti's Catenaccio period, it's the last thing we need. We need a manager who is proactive, wants to win the duels high on the field, and try to dominate the matches.

2) His periods in Valencia and Porto were not exactly successful. The fans hated the way they played football, and not winning anything with Porto is not impressive. He had a good first season with Valencia, but eventually the results only got worse and worse. His teams have always had problems beating opponents who are believed to be weaker. This also applies to Wolves.

We need a manager who can give us optimism, and who gives us faith in the impossible. One who believes attacking is the best defense, and who wants to win the ball high up on the opponent's half of the field. A manager who stands for vertical positional football, and who believes that football means something more than just results. It has an aesthetic side to it.

I just can not bear, once again, to sit and watch my team sit absorbing pressure around the penalty area, and wait for a set piece or to counter a goal. If we are going to go for this style of play then we can just as well hire Egil Olsen, Nils Johan Semb, Lars Lagerback, etc., these guys are experts in this.
Point one,we don't have the player to do that. Point two I live in Valencia,you are wrong.

Grow up, you child.
I would not hold my breath.

Just remember this site has never been representative of the feelings of the majority of Everton supporters and certainly not match going supporters and certainly not match day supporters.

I remember back to the vitriol about Bill Kenwright on here when he was in charge and what would and what should be done about him.
The protests, the banners....nothing.

Just ignore, empty vessels make the most noise.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how blinkered.

Hold on, after his first two seasons in the PL with Wolves almost every other club outside the 'top 6' would have been happy to have him. They played good counter attacking football.

What people like you are doing is emphasising his final season just because you want a Mancini or Galtier or some other out of reach manager.
No, I'm analyzing it in a larger context. Both Valencia and Porto fans were unhappy with the way they played football. Nuno has failed throughout his career when he tried to play more attacking football. The two seasons in Wolves can be seen as outliers, and it was not exactly "champagne football" either. Who are our Traore, Neto, Jota, and Raul. We do not have these types of players.

I obviously do not want Mancini - something that was obvious from what I wrote - and Galtier I know too little about.

Been nearly 2 days since he "agreed" to take over, but still nothing official?

Reckon we are waiting until tomorrow because we at Everton like to take pyar time to announce anything

Personally Dave for me all I want is for him to get the team winning games away and especially at home. Could not give a sod how he or any other manager we hire does that.

No, I'm analyzing it in a larger context. Both Valencia and Porto fans were unhappy with the way they played football. Nuno has failed throughout his career when he tried to play more attacking football. The two seasons in Wolves can be seen as outliers, and it was not exactly "champagne football" either. Who are our Traore, Neto, Jota, and Raul. We do not have these types of players.

I obviously do not want Mancini - something that was obvious from what I wrote - and Galtier I know too little about.
Where do you get this idea Valencia supporters didn't like the football,I was a season ticket holder when he was here. You are mistaken.

Point one,we don't have the player to do that. Point two I live in Valencia,you are wrong.
Disagree. Then you mean players like Richarlison, DCL, Allan and AD are unfit to play this type of football. By the way, this is Allan's signature, to win the ball high on the field again.

Well, googled it, and found the following descriptions: "No shots on target", "boring and predictable", etc.

Personally Dave for me all I want is for him to get the team winning games away and especially at home. Could not give a sod how he or any other manager we hire does that.
The reasonable supporters (the vast majority) will be appalled by the reaction shown on here.

It's a spoilt brat tendency we seem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.