New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Dom King updated his story late last night to include this...

Earlier this week, Vitor Perreria - who at one stage was favourite to replace Marco Silva when Moshiri sacked him in December 2019 - was put forward as an option,

What the actual hell is wrong with our football club?!?!

I think whoever was appointed would have had a massive mixture off approval or dissenters.
Have to hope that Brands was behind this appointment or it could cause some more unrest.

I agree that whoever it was would’ve split the fanbase. But honestly I struggle to see the logic behind this appointment above most others, I certainly can’t see it being a Brands decision.

Most of us will come round to NES. He has to be given an opportunity anyway. Galtier would have seemed to be the most popular appointment but anyone taking the job did so in the aftermath of Ancelotti so there was always going to be a degree of flatness.

It doesn't suggest anything has changed for the better with Brands though and if we continue to have a disjointed approach, we will continue to hamper any manager that comes in.

The lack of a coherent and consistent strategy is the biggest issue. If Brands cannot or will not assert himself, he is just another costly drain on scarce resources.

It just suggests another mish-mash approach.

I suppose it boils down to how far you feel this manager can take us with his style of football.
For me I have never enjoyed counter attacking football. I find it too defensive and dreary and largely reliant on occasional moments of excitement.
Although there can be different iterations of the same overall style I believe in today’s environment success is more likely to be achieved by fast attacking football than by the passive variety.
For these reason I regard this appointment negatively and am largely unenthused.
I did not want a big name appointment just one that would play football I enjoy and I subjectively suppose would bring a greater chance of success.

The 'style' Evertonians want to see (in general) is:

Front foot
In your face
Attacking
Positive
High energy
Expansive

Counter attacking can still be all of those things depending on how its done.

You can press and set traps high up the pitch with players ready to pounce and counter with quick passes and/or pace.

Also, you can play 3 centre backs ultra deep and sit in a system with 2 centre mids holding hands every match and hope your wing backs and wide forwards are able to quickly run on goal or punt it to a target man....

It reminds me a little of Allardyce at Bolton.

Most of us will come round to NES. He has to be given an opportunity anyway. Galtier would have seemed to be the most popular appointment but anyone taking the job did so in the aftermath of Ancelotti so there was always going to be a degree of flatness.

It doesn't suggest anything has changed for the better with Brands though and if we continue to have a disjointed approach, we will continue to hamper any manager that comes in.

The lack of a coherent and consistent strategy is the biggest issue. If Brands cannot or will not assert himself, he is just another costly drain on scarce resources.

It just suggests another mish-mash approach.
Why do you think he's not Brands choice?

I was up for NES at first tbh but the more I’ve read and thought about it, the more I think this is an awful appointment.

He doesn’t play front foot football and my god we all need to see that by now.

Incredible how some posters are happy with this pending appointment.

If he was still employed by Wolves would we approach them for him?

Theyve sacked him and gone for a more progressive coach.

Stinker of an appointment.
The natives will be getting restless if results aren’t delivered quickly.
If we can see that it’s a poor appointment why can’t the powers that be?

Status
Not open for further replies.