New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m not clamouring for Everton to appoint him but i seem to be in a very small minority that think Eddie Howe is a good manager, and will do very well in his next job. Plays good football too.
I agree, but on the other hand, I'm a chronic bedwetter. However, I think it's a shame that British managers are often seen as inferior to managers with more exotic names. For example, Rangnick is partly declared a genius because he introduced the zone defense in Germany, and how to reduce the areas on the field when defending + set up a strategy for how to effectively win the 2 and 3 balls. These thoughts can be traced back to Bob Houghton, George Curtis, Roy Hodgson and others from the British school. Scandinavian football is massively influenced by these thoughts. Another one that has been affected by this is Sacchi, and today we see many from the German school have many of the same ideas.

It absolutely baffles me how some Everton fans don’t want Potter or Nuno but want Ferguson. That’s crazy thinking that should get you locked up.
Nuno and Potter are totally different situations.
Nuno has had a poor season , having had a serious injury to his main striker and having two of his team sold in Jota and Doherty... but they followed three very good seasons.

Potter has kept Brighton from being relegated. I don't see him being in the race at all.

Ferguson is known to Moshiri, Brands Kenwright and anybody else at Everton who will have a role in this appointment, they will believe that he can do this job or not based on working with him for years. He has been doing a job interview for several years now and will be considered or discounted. I have said previously that he would only get the job if he was mentored by somebody like a Pellegrini or some elder statesman of a manager for a couple of years.
When we see people mentioned who are in their mid to late sixties I find it hard to believe they are being regarded as long term prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.