New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m warming to the idea of Potter. We can go with Brands singing young, hungry players and Potter coaching and making them better. He’ll play the youth and get attractive football.
He is likely to stay for the long term too.

I think there's a lot about Potter which is interesting, but I'd caution against him being seen as a guaranteed long-term appointment.

He left Swansea after one season because Brighton gave him a chance in the PL. If he came here he would have left Brighton after two seasons because there was an opportunity to progress to a bigger club. If he did really well for us and one of the top six was looking for a new manager in a couple of years and wanted him, you know full well that he'd be off.

We are so slow as a club doing anything - Spurs have already near enough appointed Fonesca after having negotiations with Conte and Palace were on the verge of appinting Nuno.

Constantly feels like its a case of too many cooks in the kitchen with us "I want him no I want him sod off I fancy him". Think Brands is a slow operator in general anyway when you consider he does most of his business on transfer deadline day.
Tottenham sacked Mourinho in April.

I think there's a lot about Potter which is interesting, but I'd caution against him being seen as a guaranteed long-term appointment.

He left Swansea after one season because Brighton gave him a chance in the PL. If he came here he would have left Brighton after two seasons because there was an opportunity to progress to a bigger club. If he did really well for us and one of the top six was looking for a new manager in a couple of years and wanted him, you know full well that he'd be off.
Thing is are there any links to Potter? Does anyone think we are actually talking too him? I see a lot of fans talking about him, but unlike Nuno he has a contract at a club

If he did 'really well for us' Id assume we would be among the top six. Anything less cant be 'really well'. But your point stands.

I’m warming to the idea of Potter. We can go with Brands singing young, hungry players and Potter coaching and making them better. He’ll play the youth and get attractive football.
He is likely to stay for the long term too.
What I like about this strategy is that it can be implemented long term.

Potter comes in. Possession based football mindset.

Over the course of the next few seasons brands KNOWS what we play. And he looks for players good in that system consistently

Potter would not be moving to a bigger Club after us.

Last 10 years Everton has seen managers departed to "big" clubs or national teams:

Moyes - Manch U
Martinez - Belgium
Koeman - Netherlands and then Barcelona
Ancelotti - Real Madrid

Only Silva is the odd one here (where is he?).
Martinez and Koeman got sacked, but you can't blame the board for hiring those four, seeing where they went after Everton?
It just goes to show that it’s the players that are the main issue, this set of players (barring a few) have systematically proven to be overpaid wastes of space with no hunger or fight in their belly’s. Until this group has been split up it could take another two managers to put right. I hope I’m wrong.

What I like about this strategy is that it can be implemented long term.

Potter comes in. Possession based football mindset.

Over the course of the next few seasons brands KNOWS what we play. And he looks for players good in that system consistently

Take Potter out of the equation for a minute because it seems to become divisive, but what I want as much as anything from this next appointment is for a manager to come and implement a style/identity to the team. This makes things easier in the long term as it allows us to recruit players who are suited to a particular way of playing and when we change manager we can look to appoint one who plays a style of football our players are suited to. Whoever comes in as things stand would need new players as we have a mishmash of players in the squad currently and we don't look suited to any one style of football. There was a decent article in the Athletic yesterday on this very point.

Status
Not open for further replies.