New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the top 5 for today, I realistically think only the top 4 are plausible:

1) Galtier
2) Fonseca
3) Potter
4) Rangnick
5) Ten Hag
6) Mancini

The worst possible 5 options list is:

1) Benitez
2) Howe
3) Moyes
4) Espirito Santo
5) Pellegrini
6) R. Martinez
Agree except I don't think Nuno is as bad as people think he did instill a style and identity into Wolves obviously aided by an agent but you still have to be a good coach to do that. Bad season last year but they lost two top forwards and he still finished above Potter. He isnt my first choice but not Rafael/Howe levels of nightmare...

Moyes - again will show he would rather take his shot at glory than be at Everton
Howe - more like how is he making these lists
NES - fall back option who refuses to sign with CP until he knows he doesnt have a chance
Big Dunc - not worth the conversation
Potter - a striker away from having the next monaco/ajax team of young stars at BHA
Conte - put down Spurs and Real and has already shown he'd rather be out of a job for a couple years than take one he doesn't want
Ten Hag - Why would he move from Ajax unless it's to a team with an already well established project in the works
Conceicao - shows he can win with a team of relative superstars and the richest club in the country ;)
Rangnick - a DoF with managerial background would be ideal if we didn't already have a DoF in Brands

If you do not fancy any of them then who would you like?

I still don't understand the issue some have with getting Potter. Quoting 15th and 16th place finishes with Brighton as justification. We got Moyes from Plymouth and though not world beaters it wasn't a bad time at all. We have a few coins jingling in the pocket now too. Either him or throw a middle finger at ffp and get Conte. I'd put on a seatbelt and strap in for that ride too!

Where we got Moyes from has no bearing on this and if I remember Preston were progressing and in or around the playoffs when he was there. Potter is a good coach his teams play nice football, he develops young players. He could work with a dof all ticks, then you look at a 25% win rate over two seasons of Premier league football. That's nine wins a season. Nine. Sure it's Brighton they don't have the players and his XG is good but he stinks of Martinez so far. What makes you think he would over achieve with our squad if he isnt with them? If he had shown even small progress in the league I could understand it more, also what's his attitude like? So far though he is mostly promise right now.

Last edited:

In fairness to Rafael, the expression in Spanish #small club# refers to a style of play.

Real Madrid, Barca, Boca and River by their DNA are not allowed to play like this. Atletico de Madrid, Valebia and Everton - unfortunately- are.

Under Moyes, we were the very definition of a small club away from home.

I dont want Rafael as manager BTW but it is like banning Cavani for calling her friend negro.

Without context, you dont understand anything.
He knew what he was doing when he said it. Why else when he was out of work years later would he make a point of qualifying it then apologising for it? You can try and claim a lack of context now, but it's just not true, I remember it very clearly from the time. The context was that he was very keen to diminish and belittle a rival club.

Status
Not open for further replies.