New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I agree mate. It was more a tongue in cheek post, about adding another name to the list of underwhelming candidates.

I do get why so many would feel disappointed if you went for Potter. I don't think you will anyway. To be honest I'm gobsmacked at some of the names being bandied about. There's no vacant managers' job anywhere in club football that can match Everton for the rewards that success would bring for an ambitious coach, in terms of prestige and reputation. And the real sweetener is that you've got a v.good squad already in place. I'd love to see you usurp the Reds, I really hope you get someone who can do that for the club.
We had a Brighton fan who used to post here called @BHvisitor This guy was an absolute muppet, who supported the rs as his second favourite side. He used to only post on here when we lost a game as well. But you seem to be alright. ;) I was worried that you were all rs loving bellends down there. lol

I have no idea why people knock this fella so much. The job he did there was outstanding. 4th tier to the top division. Took them into europe for the first time in their history and i was reading up about when they took on galatasary and beat them. The 2nd leg was in turkey and the galatasary chairman thought there was going to be a riot at the final whistle. The galatasary fans applauded them off the pitch because of the football they played. The galatasary chairman said that was the first time EVER thats happened.
He may or may not be for Everton. But he's a very forward thinking innovative coach.
Some of the comments about him are pure ignorance.
100% agree. I think he'd be great

I have thought for a long time that the best we could hope for was a transitional appointment that would allow us to stabilise and progress over a 4 to 5 year period.

The types of competencies required for that and a manager with a "winning mentality" are very different. I don't think there is a lot of disagreement that Ancelotti didn't have the skill set for our job but in an ideal world he would have come here when we were in a bit better shape and stable.

I really don't expect anyone to come in here and take us from 12th and 10th to being contenders. 4th is different. It feels implausible at present but a few good signings and a bit of momentum can change that.

Someone who could do the job Brendan Rodgers has done at Leicester. That's why I don't scoff at some managers, Potter among them. Who is to say definitively that he cannot emulate Rodgers achievements here.

It was the same at Tottenham. Pochettino gets plaudits and rightly so but it was Redknapp that picked them up out of the gutter. He handed Spurs over in good shape and Levy was clever enough at the time to make the change. They were rubbish under AVB.

Remember Allardyce being asked about his 'Style of play' when he joined?

“My style is winning matches."

The trouble is that doesn't work. A manager needs to believe in his preferred systems and the board and supporters need to have the patience to let it grow naturally.

I think the Board are the ones that need to know the style of football they want, and then have consistency with managerial appointments....

Sadly, We haven't had any consistency...Moyes to Martinez, Martinez to Koeman, Silva to Allardyce, Allardyce to Ancelotti...

Problem is every new manager wants players to suit their style.....we've spent the last 8 years flip flopping, spending a fortune on players who don't suit the next manager....its expensive, and its getting us nowhere...

So important question is, what style of football did Lille play under Galtier...Strong physical direct, defensive & hitting teams on the counter attack, playing it out from the back? What formation does he favour?....
What type of players did he use, how many of our squad would suit his team, how many new signings would we need (how many transfer windows will it take to build his team?)....

B
That Christophe Gaultier guy, seems that have done a fine job with St Etienne and Lille. Something tells me we should take a punt on him. Graham Potter did a great job with Ostersund in Sweden, and he's done very well at Brighton. I would worry that the Everton job could be too big for him though. It's a big decision choosing Ancelottis successor. Thank god i'm not the one making it!
The same wondrous name that gave us 10th whilst also enjoying James at the club, the most skilled player our fans have seen since The Weir.
I'm now thinking Martinez, Koeman, Allerdyce, Silva... All did better a better job positionally.. so maybe the manager, Or the managers reputation really doesn't matter a peanut. Get us a side of players, players who want to improve, Young, hungry players with something to prove.....thats how we rebuild.... Not having Conte here because he's been great at having a great team of players already in place when he's arrived.
Step forward Mr. Potter....
© Prometheus filums

I have no idea why people knock this fella so much. The job he did there was outstanding. 4th tier to the top division. Took them into europe for the first time in their history and i was reading up about when they took on galatasary and beat them. The 2nd leg was in turkey and the galatasary chairman thought there was going to be a riot at the final whistle. The galatasary fans applauded them off the pitch because of the football they played. The galatasary chairman said that was the first time EVER thats happened.
He may or may not be for Everton. But he's a very forward thinking innovative coach.
Some of the comments about him are pure ignorance.

I think it's because he has a frankly pathetic 25% win ration in the League over two seasons that is understandably making everyone aware what a dreadful appointment he would be. One season - ok maybe adjustment. Two is established garbage, and good luck if he tries football principles over results at everton. He'll be eviscerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.