New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hats off to @jayonenote coming in strong for the ITK crown.
giphy.gif

Ain’t Nice owned by one of Britain’s richest guys ? I mentioned Galtier in one of my early posts :) ! I also like the Sevilla manager, he’s rated highly in Spain and was close to managing wolves years ago.

I dont know anything about Galtier other than i was rooting for them in the last few weeks in france to turn over psg for the league. I watched their game at celtic in the europa league. Good game actualy. They got beat 3-2.
Other than that. Nothing.
Only ever managed 2 clubs. St etienne and lille. Doesnt look like he pulled any trees up at st etienne. Lille has been a good couple of years though.

Reactions: MDB
I wonder if whoever we get they will be head coach and not manager?. Probably depends on who it is, but could see brands taking that approach.

I dont know anything about Galtier other than i was rooting for them in the last few weeks in france to turn over psg for the league. I watched their game at celtic in the europa league. Good game actualy. They got beat 3-2.
Only ever managed 2 clubs. St etienne and lille. Doesnt look like he pulled any trees up at st etienne. Lille has been a good couple of years though.

He did a good job at St Etienne, similar to what Moyes did here.

His lack of wider experience is one concern, the other is his age. How has he got to 55 without having much of track record beyond the last couple of years at Lille?

Out of all the managers like the Lille one has got me a stiffy the most, never even heard of him before this season as well but what a job he's done at Lille and EXACTLY the type of manager we need.

Took a team who weren't the best, didn't have the most money and absolutely smashed it.

All the managers we've had have been "safe" all done ok in the premier league and then Carlo was one of the best in recent years,this one is just a gamble which would either be a disaster or amazing. Got to have a little hope
Like Ranieri!

Here's the thing about these comments.

It was Myers asking the question of Galtier's suitability to Campos. When was the last time Myers did some actual journalism without the line coming directly from the club?

My guess is Kenwright called up Myers, asked him to put something together to try and get things moving for (an)other candidate and basically force their hand by thinking Galtier might see us as an option.

True mate although Myers is a Blue so maybe he was just throwing his name out there in order to make a headline?

I think whoever we go for it wont be the names banded about like Moyes/Howe/Potter sounds to me like if we cant get a big name in it will be someone like a Favre / Ten Hag type from Europe.

Only thing that makes me question if it will be Galtier is that he's pretty much 442 whereas I dont think Brands is a fan of that (think Carlo came in and pretty much went with the 442 from the start) and could see us looking for a manager who plays 4321 / 433.

Here's the thing about these comments.

It was Myers asking the question of Galtier's suitability to Campos. When was the last time Myers did some actual journalism without the line coming directly from the club?

My guess is Kenwright called up Myers, asked him to put something together to try and get things moving for (an)other candidate and basically force their hand by thinking Galtier might see us as an option.
The creative writing on here is getting better and better

Status
Not open for further replies.