New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We did play some great football at times and that is not acknowledged enough however he bottled all the big games and you were just waiting to concede in all of them. The only one he won was the semi final against United. They played half a team and we scraped home on pens. Suppose we will never know what would have happened in the final if we didn’t get all those injuries
The serious long term injuries to key players were a big part in us not getting a trophy. If we'd had a Moshiri type owner who knows,but it's all ancient history.

Chris Houghton or Potter?

Potter for me by an absolute mile.

I only ask as I have seen plenty of deluded fellow Everton fans on twitter disgusted haven't gone all out for a 'Big name.'

My only worry with Potter is his teams play quick, incisive balls onto willing runners. We have a squad of bone idle meffs who like 2 or 3 touches before passing to the nearest (stationary) man.
Felt really bad about Hughton because we sh@t on him just like Newcastle, Brum, Spurs. And he's the loveliest bloke in football, one of life's gentlemen. Hughton got us to 15th and was sacked. Potter's got us to 15th twice since. We talk about Potter and stats, well that one tells it's own story. I understand why our chairman gave him the elbow, the football was dull as dishwater and our U-23s had become like the FBI Witness Protection Programme.

I do love Potterball but I was so proud to have Hughton as our manager, it felt like we were the good guys.

Won’t last ten mins

“I understand that while results are what they are, then people can have a different opinion and I respect that. That is football, that is life, we’re not always going to agree,” said Potter.

“It is hard when people from your own club criticise you, I think. That is hard. But you have to respect that because they care for the club, they want it to do well, and that is also fair.

“I don’t go on social media – I think that’s quite dangerous for someone in my position.

“Obviously I answer questions from you guys (the media) and you get a sense of the narrative.

“With any criticism you have to understand: Is it fair? Is it unfair? Is it educated? Or is it just an opinion? Is it balanced? Where has it come from? Sometimes criticism is fair. Sometimes it isn’t.

“I am not sitting here thinking I know everything and get everything right. That’s not how I think the world works.”

Headline is misleading imo.

Not a fan of a Moyes appointment but when the chips were down West Ham made Europe and we under the great Ancelotti gave Agüero a leaving party. Let's no rewrite history we played some decent stuff under Moyes.

We did, but that was a far different PL back then and a far different Everton in terms of emotional state. We've had a taste of what it's like since he left of winning big away games, players getting dropped when they deserve to be, managers actually trying to endear themselves to supporters instead acting above them when we're displeased.

Under Moyes we can expect none of that, just like last time. He's not the man we need.

I think we have a few players who would thrive under Potters style of quick passing incisiveness. Believe it or not I think it was one of the few plusses from having James and Siggy together just before James season ended. But generally both are slow, but no worse than Lallana for instance. I actually think Allan and Davies would work well with it, also Richy, Doucoure and Digne. For DCL it doesn't matter he just wants the ball in the box and doesnt care how. Godfrey would need some training.
The style wouldn't work for Gomes, Iwobi, Delph, Holgate but we all want them to go anyway. When it comes down to it, if Potter came to us his style would need a new RB, a new DM and 1or 2 wingers - which is what many were advocating on here for Carlo's summer activity. hmmmm.....

I'm hazarding a guess based on what we all KNOW to be true: the coaching staff of ex-players hold way too much influence on this football club's decision making.
So you’re saying Jevons,Unsworth, Ebbrell, Ferguson and Baines Are holding our board to ransom over who we should appoint as manager. Concrete evidence please.

Status
Not open for further replies.