New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So 1/2 on for us is now going to Palace, just shows how little Sky(Bet) and the Echo know.
What that also tells us is Moyes Howe Potter and the other no marks are not even considered, if they were Nuno would of been the best of a bad bunch and we would of taken him off Palace.
That’s your opinion, maybe not Brands’s

Nah that's rubbish. Nothing to suggest they've failed at all. It's like if your car breaks down it doesn't mean that every part of the engine is faulty. I think people generally tend to overstate the influence of the backroom staff
One second Ferguson is getting paid for putting out cones,the next he's responsible for the lazy performances against Newcastle etc.

Some of you speak of Nuno as a great coach. Sacked by Porto, sacked in Spain and saved by his fellow Portugese players at Wolves

Martinez also flopped coming twice 12th

I am sure Everton can pick better but on the other hand if we chose someone like Silva or not fully commited, God help us

I think it's fair to say that there's no British manager out there who'd stir the juices in anyone really. Do you reckon that's because we underrate them? or just because they're not very 'exciting' names?
I think it’s because British managers live off table scraps and only get the opportunity to manage Smaller teams with limited budgets with premier league survival as their primary goal.

I think for us we would be looking for managers with experience at larger clubs regularly competing for trophies who are used to being under heavier stress loads.

I just can’t think of a British manager who meets those criteria, hence the need to look elsewhere

The refuseniks that our currently preventing Nuno and his team from becoming Everton manager were the ones who made it impossible for Martinez long term.

Let's have this right: first 18 months under RM and we were purring. Last 18 months the support he received from the club and the fans was appalling. We were in the latter stages of two cups and still people were determined to oust him.

Long story short: his ultimate failure at Everton had every bit as much to do with forces outside his own decision making.
The fact that his after match interviews suggested he'd been at a different game was a worry. Come to think of it Ancelotti was going that way too.

Some of you speak of Nuno as a great coach. Sacked by Porto, sacked in Spain and saved by his fellow Portugese players at Wolves

Martinez also flopped coming twice 12th

I am sure Everton can pick better but on the other hand if we chose someone like Silva or not fully commited, God help us
Sacked in Spain by an owner who thought Manchester's answer to the Chuckle Bros were a good option.

Because we know what sort of influence a cohort of ex-players employed in coaching roles have at Everton. If their livelihoods were threatened they'd have let Kenwright know and he'd tell Brands and Moshiri they could have a very unhappy playing staff in their hands.

This whole club needs a massive clear-out. It's completely dysfunctional.
100% agree. The hangers on need to be moved on and Bill needs putting out to pasture as he’s the biggest problem.

Because we know what sort of influence a cohort of ex-players employed in coaching roles have at Everton. If their livelihoods were threatened they'd have let Kenwright know and he'd tell Brands and Moshiri they could have a very unhappy playing staff in their hands.

This whole club needs a massive clear-out. It's completely dysfunctional.
How do we know that's the case in this instance?

Status
Not open for further replies.