New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been quite anti Potter but did a deep dive on him and he is an interesting fellow that comes across in a very uninteresting way

I definitely would love to see possession based football again at Goodison

But you have to be flexible enough to change to a different system when you come up against a man city for example. You can't beat them at their own game. Eddie Howe is different in this kind of philosophy. He wants to attack every game and leave the door open

If he does come I would hope that it comes with Bissouma

Everyone saying that Brighton is Potter's level... Brighton might be the smartest club in the country. Look into who their owner is and see why Potter may not be such a bad hire after all- if they think he's going to take them to the next level in the league (and the stats also suggest it), then I think he can do an even better job with us with greater resources.

I'm convinced he's the man to take us forward.

There is only one person right for the job and that is Davey Moyes.

- Here to build something long term
- Loves Everton, knows Everton
- His teams are always well-drilled, balanced and fit
- Has shown this season that he is a class manager
- Always had an eye for the right player

Absolute no brainer for me.
Got to agree with this. Right now we need stability and he would give us that. Not sure he loves us but that’s fine, the rest I agree with.
I always felt he started with a huge mistake at Man U by clearing out the back room staff. he won’t make mistakes like that again, too much too soon I mean.

I would defo take him over Potter, Howe, Benitez, Dyce, Nuno, Ferguson

He had money 11 million a hell of a lot then for the Yak ......
Lol we let moyes smash the everton transfer record on a striker after him making them much much more in net profit by having to sell his best players. For 11 million. Meanwhile the top four spending 20 million on left backs the same year. Not having to sell players.

As I was saying. Knife to a gun fight. Extreme under exaggeration.

I've been quite anti Potter but did a deep dive on him and he is an interesting fellow that comes across in a very uninteresting way

I definitely would love to see possession based football again at Goodison

But you have to be flexible enough to change to a different system when you come up against a man city for example. You can't beat them at their own game. Eddie Howe is different in this kind of philosophy. He wants to attack every game and leave the door open

If he does come I would hope that it comes with Bissouma
I see why people would be averse to him, on the face of it he’s the most uninspiring and hadn’t exactly guided Brighton to great positions in the prem. But I am seriously always impressed by how they play, they’re let down by individual mistakes and a lack of quality up front rather than mismanagement in my opinion. Their buys have been very astute recently too. Look it’s a huge step up and a huge gamble but I wouldn’t be disappointed. People saying that if he comes, higher profile players will leave and I think they’re right. And if any said players think they’re above the club or above the manager/board then I am more than happy for them to leave. Not saying they’re bad eggs but it’s not a quality of a player that has their heart in it (imo)
If it’s not Potter but instead a wildcard such as Galtier or someone else, then that’s exciting too. They need to get this right for the long-term

We seem to have dumbed down in our search, whereas Spurs have big notions. Not that its got them anywhere.

Sooner or later, we'll meet in the middle and go after the same candidate.

Timing is important here. Potter has been on the fringes in the betting for them but I think he will come into contention there.

If we are going for him, Brands may need to make a move soon.

Lol we let moyes smash the everton transfer record on a striker after him making them much much more in net profit by having to sell his best players. For 11 million. Meanwhile the top four spending 20 million on left backs the same year. Not having to sell players.

As I was saying. Knife to a gun fight. Extreme under exaggeration.
It's the dream team Dunc & Tin Cahill ...... new blood know what the blues fans want....

If Brands wants him I’m not sure what to think because I have zero trust in Brands... however I suppose he deserves a chance to select his own manager and see how he gets on.

I mean in all fairness no matter who we get in they’re likely to be given the bullet or walk within the next 18 months anyway lol Everton aren’t we?

Think that could be the trouble here, we seem to have three different factions going for different types of managers, Kenwright = Moyes or Martinez, Brands seems to like Potter, been mentioned with Ten Hag, and Moshiri linked with Nuno and anything Hollywood lol

Potter is like Martinez but actually his teams know how to defend. His problem at Brighton was his Strikers were really poor finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.