Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were of the firm opinion that:

a) Buendia has already performed well in the Prem previously; and

b) Villa were NOT taking a big gamble by paying £33m (rising to £38m) to sign him?

How can the above two points co-exist with a lack of faith that he can score ten goals and make ten assists in a season? I mean, a proven premiership player who is value for money at £33m MUST be able to deliver that. Right?
Well every Premier League player aside from Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min failed to deliver that last year, so no.

Looks like no deal. Which is a shame, because I think 15 G+As is a very fair and fun bet. 10 and 10 is not. I'm not saying he's one of the five best players in the league.

Well every Premier League player aside from Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min failed to deliver that last year, so no.

Looks like no deal. Which is a shame, because I think 15 G+As is a very fair and fun bet. 10 and 10 is not. I'm not saying he's one of the five best players in the league.
Let's pick this up in the morning, I reckon you're right about there still being scope for a fun bet somewhere here.

I genuinely misunderstood him.

Still I'm willing to go to 15 goals+assists. KdB had 16 last year.

But he only played 2000 league mins...

The way you were talking was that Buendia would be the 'main man' and light up the team...

If hes the focal point playing 2400mins+ surely you would expect him to be hitting 20 goals/assists combined...

Was it all hyperbole...*wonders*

The way you were talking was that Buendia would be the 'main man' and light up the team...

If hes the focal point playing 2400mins+ surely you would expect him to be hitting 20 goals/assists combined...

Again six (6) players did this last season. He could be really really good and not hit that. Because it is a lot. De Bruyne didn't. Grealish didn't. It's hard.

I still stand by that he's really good, that we should have been looking to sign him (last year ffs) and that he'll prove a good signing for Villa. I just am not a reckless bettor and 10 goals and 10 assists is a reckless bet.

Grealish would be an instant hero with us, just keep giving him the ball. Like the player we all hoped Ross wouldve became.
You been drinking the bong water? Grealish isn’t leave 11th place villa for 10th place Everton. He is would look good in any team in the world at the minute

You been drinking the bong water? Grealish isn’t leave 11th place villa for 10th place Everton. He is would look good in any team in the world at the minute
Villa seem to be investing this summer too. Doubt we’d be an attractive proposition. Plus he’d cost £100 million which we will deffo not spend on one player.

30 millions isn’t a lot of a premier league footballer. He will be good value.
The question is whether he is the replacement or to supplement Grealish

IMG_20210607_171625.png

since everyone talks about him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.