Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Define "mostly healthy".

Would twenty-five starts be enough?
I think it would be better to go off of how many games he's available for since he probably will be left out a time or two. I'd say so long as he's not injured for 10 games or more.

Yep
Yes that's fine. His season with Norwich he had 2450 or so. Let's say over 2400?
Yeah, reasonable.

So I'll wager that Emiliano Buendia will NOT, over the course of the 2021 - 2022 season, score at least ten goals and make at least ten assists for Aston Villa in Premier League fixtures. Cup games don't count, penalties don't count either.

If the player fails to play at least 2400 minutes in Premier League fixtures in the relevant season, the wager is null and void (unless he reaches the targets in fewer than 2400 minutes?)

If the player scores at least ten goals AND makes at least ten assists, you win. If he scores less than ten goals AND makes less than ten assists, I win.

What if he reaches one target but not the other?

Last edited:
Yep

Yeah, reasonable.

So I'll wager that Emiliano Buendia will NOT, over the course of the 2021 - 2022 season, score at least ten goals and make at least ten assists for Aston Villa in Premier League fixtures. Cup games don't count, penalties don't count either.

If the player fails to play at least 2400 minutes in Premier League fixtures in the relevant season, the wager is null and void (unless he reaches the targets in fewer than 2400 minutes?)

If the player scores at least ten goals AND makes at least ten assists, you win. If he scores less than ten goals AND makes less than ten assists, I win.

This is probably the easiest bet you'll ever make...

Yep

Yeah, reasonable.

Oh wait wait wait I thought it was 10 combined haha.

Can we meet and do 15 combined? I don't think he'll score 10 goals but 10 assists feels plausible.

Edit: Just to add on here but only 6 players got to 20 non-penalty goals and assists combined last year and only two (Son and Kane lol) got 10 of each. I rate Buendia, but not that much.

Can we meet and do 15 combined? I don't think he'll score 10 goals but 10 assists feels plausible.

Edit: Just to add on here but only 6 players got to 20 non-penalty goals and assists combined last year and only two (Son and Kane lol) got 10 of each. I rate Buendia, but not that much.

I thought you rated Buendia as a brilliant player :eek:

#backtracking

I thought you were of the firm opinion that:

a) Buendia has already performed well in the Prem previously; and

b) Villa were NOT taking a big gamble by paying £33m (rising to £38m) to sign him?

How can the above two points co-exist with a lack of faith that he can score ten goals and make ten assists in a season? I mean, a proven premiership player who is value for money at £33m MUST be able to deliver that. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.