Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that basis Leicester is bigger than us, Spurs and Arsenal
Spurs had a recent champions league final and have been regulars in Europe. Arsenal have been poor in the league but have won cups recently. We've won...no, we've played in...no, we've... Any good young player who wants the opportunity to play in Europe and develop their games would be foolish to choose us over Leicester right now. And that's a big part of our problem. We think we're important but we're not. We need to realise our position and build to improve it. We can't build for the future whilst we continue looking back and clinging to the past.

Explain please how it's a sideways step? Size of club? History? Honours? And we will be spending more then Wolves

We're much bigger in terms of history. The same history that happened before most of our fans were even born. There's not too much difference if we look at where we're at now though.

On that basis Leicester is bigger than us, Spurs and Arsenal

Spurs had a recent champions league final and have been regulars in Europe. Arsenal have been poor in the league but have won cups recently. We've won...no, we've played in...no, we've... Any good young player who wants the opportunity to play in Europe and develop their games would be foolish to choose us over Leicester right now. And that's a big part of our problem. We think we're important but we're not. We need to realise our position and build to improve it. We can't build for the future whilst we continue looking back and clinging to the past.

The beauty is that every season all teams start from scratch.

Leicester are praised for signing young players and seeing them come into the league and push the team on.

They signed Fofana for £36.5mil. Thats around the same as we stumped up for Richarlison (without clauses).

If we spent £100mil and signed 3 players like that who came into the team (like Godfrey) and performed well then...

...the narrative changes.

The media would start saying;

"Everton have built well over the last few years. With Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Richarlison, DCL and now these three new top young players'.

The narrative doesnt change by signing players like Allan and Doucoure or even James who are stopgap signings.

If we could bring in a manager to get Richarlison, DCL and this boy playing well in an attacking system together then that could be a step in the right direction

...or we get some money in and use it to sign two u23 players to come into the first 11.

In the meantime Brands has to shift players out pronto...manager or no manager.

The beauty is that every season all teams start from scratch.

Leicester are praised for signing young players and seeing them come into the league and push the team on.

They signed Fofana for £36.5mil. Thats around the same as we stumped up for Richarlison (without clauses).

If we spent £100mil and signed 3 players like that who came into the team (like Godfrey) and performed well then...

...the narrative changes.

The media would start saying;

"Everton have built well over the last few years. With Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Richarlison, DCL and now these three new top young players'.

The narrative doesnt change by signing players like Allan and Doucoure or even James who are stopgap signings.

If we could bring in a manager to get Richarlison, DCL and this boy playing well in an attacking system together then that could be a step in the right direction

...or we get some money in and use it to sign two u23 players to come into the first 11.

In the meantime Brands has to shift players out pronto...manager or no manager.

Yes, we need to build for the future. With Carlo that model didn't work. We pushed for instant, and possibly unsustainable success, as age would have caused player turnovers quite quickly. Now is the opportunity to build with youth and set the foundations for longer term success. The problem will be some fans being impatient because we won a bunch of trophies last century. We need to get the foundations right first.

Yes, we need to build for the future. With Carlo that model didn't work. We pushed for instant, and possibly unsustainable success, as age would have caused player turnovers quite quickly. Now is the opportunity to build with youth and set the foundations for longer term success. The problem will be some fans being impatient because we won a bunch of trophies last century. We need to get the foundations right first.

For me, the interesting conversation isnt about IF we go for u23 players to build a team and squad....that seems to be obvious at this point (something ive been saying for years).

The interesting conversation is about 'value'.

I see people wanting us to have signed Buendia at £35mil. Then i see others on the analytics side talking about how we should be in for Pereira and Harrison because they are players who are good enough for 6th place....and would cost circa £30mil for both.

The same people dont want us to spend £30mil on Aarons but at the same time praise Fofana at Leicester for £36.5mil.

I dont even want to get started on what a daft signing Dumfries would be lol

At the very least this summer we need a CB, RB, CM and WF.

Weve heard that Brands has focused the scouting mainly on France and Germany.

Even i can throw out 4 names off the top of my head who would be interested to join us and walk into the team.

CB: Badiashile
DM/CM: Tchouameni/Kamara
WF: Diaby

Aside from RB (where we should be after Aarons or Emerson) there are plenty of players out there...

The disappointing thing is that weve not sealed players already and this is where Leicester are ahead of us having done the deal for Soumare.

What exactly are we waiting for?

Have you seen much Dutch football recently?

I think we could get Neres for £15mil. He did his knee in and was out for almost a year...came back for a couple of months...then got a different injury for 6 weeks or so...and came back.

Fantastic technically and his crossing would bring goals.

As for others at £10-15mil maybe Ihattaren who fell out with the management. Highly rated but has weight issues lol.

Otherwise Gravenberch and Antony are the two to get but theyre £30mil players at least and going to the top.
Sound good mate .. if play the long game with neres tho .. hopefully he can get a few more career threatening injuries and we can get him for 5m when he’s unable to run.

I would imagine appointing a manager.

We cant buy players till we know what type of players the new manager wants.

Same for selling, we need to wait till the manager says which 1s he doesnt want.

But, but Leicester and Villa, 2 teams with managers.

In that case why didnt we sign anyone from Feb till last week when we did have a manager?

Also the DOF is supposedly the one who chooses the style of play and hires managers to play that particular way.

Are we doing the same thing where we go from one manager to another all playing different styles needing different players?

If so then it also sits on Brands.

Leicester have moved quickly on Soumare...Villa on Buendia.

We appear to have been sitting on our hands AGAIN since Feb.

As per my last post, are we just looking at 'value' or are we actively trying to build a top young team?

In that case why didnt we sign anyone from Feb till last week when we did have a manager?

Also the DOF is supposedly the one who chooses the style of play and hires managers to play that particular way.

Are we doing the same thing where we go from one manager to another all playing different styles needing different players?

As per my last post, are we just looking at 'value' or are we actively trying to build a top young team?
With Carlo here we weren't trying to build a young team. So in the week he's been gone we might be switching to that but it is a little early to see the results.

Leicester have moved quickly?

They have been signing him for the last month, hardly quickly.

You have a misconception of what a DoF is, we dont pick managers based on style, Koeman was picked cos Hollywood, Silva was picked cos young "promising manager" and Carlo was picked cos hes Carlo Ancelotti.

Brands doesnt pick the players alone, he never has, he formulates a plan with the manager, so any plans they had, will have to wait till we get a Manager, we didnt sign any players from Feb till now cos very, very few teams sign players outside of "transfer windows", probably around 1 deal a season is done outside of transfer windows, but you know this.

You are just doing the "why havent we signed players yet" dance, in June, when we dont have a manager, when there are a Euros and potentially a Copa going on.

But hey, you want signings NOW and hell with reason.

It would be beyond stupid if Brands started buying players without knowing what style our new manager wants to play, who he likes, who he doesnt like.

We scout players all year round, its not like we start fresh when the new manager walks in the door, Brands has players in mind.

Its the same every year, when the season ends, every single player, manager and in some cases executive teams go on holiday for a few weeks, that doesnt mean deals cant be done, but it slows everything done, a Euros complicates things further, as I say, its the same every year and its quite boring.

Leicester have moved quickly?

They have been signing him for the last month, hardly quickly.

You have a misconception of what a DoF is, we dont pick managers based on style, Koeman was picked cos Hollywood, Silva was picked cos young "promising manager" and Carlo was picked cos hes Carlo Ancelotti.

Brands doesnt pick the players alone, he never has, he formulates a plan with the manager, so any plans they had, will have to wait till we get a Manager, we didnt sign any players from Feb till now cos very, very few teams sign players outside of "transfer windows", probably around 1 deal a season is done outside of transfer windows, but you know this.

You are just doing the "why havent we signed players yet" dance, in June, when we dont have a manager, when there are a Euros and potentially a Copa going on.

But hey, you want signings NOW and hell with reason.

It would be beyond stupid if Brands started buying players without knowing what style our new manager wants to play, who he likes, who he doesnt like.

We scout players all year round, its not like we start fresh when the new manager walks in the door, Brands has players in mind.

Its the same every year, when the season ends, every single player, manager and in some cases executive teams go on holiday for a few weeks, that doesnt mean deals cant be done, but it slows everything done, a Euros complicates things further, as I say, its the same every year and its quite boring.
Brands needs to establish some continuity through the club. But that requires Moshiri to stay out and let him bring in a manager that he can work with on buying players. If we can't get Moshiri to do that we're in some trouble.

Brands needs to establish some continuity through the club. But that requires Moshiri to stay out and let him bring in a manager that he can work with on buying players. If we can't get Moshiri to do that we're in some trouble.
I think its unrealistic that we could keep hiring managers that play the same way.

We should always go for the best option each time, now that is very subjective.

Continuity requires stability, managers crapping the bed every 18 months doesnt bring that, yes, the answer is to hire "better" managers, but the average Premier League manager gets 18months.

Anyway, as I say, Brands will have an idea who he wants and im pretty certain hes working on deals all the time, but we really need a manager before he pulls the trigger and if people cant see that, well I cant help their impatience.

Status
Not open for further replies.