New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
without wanting to sound like a broken record, if it were going to be nuno, the deal would've been done days ago. you don't interview someone and then 'um and ah' over it. time is of the essence. i'm convinced brands has someone better up his sleeve.
He’s been talking to Palace before us, so maybe he’s been weighing up his options?

When Moyes left we were a team that had been regularly qualifying for Europe and our manager had just gone to Man Utd. Our shortlist at the time? Phil Neville a current player with no managerial experience, Alan Stubbs, David Weir, Gary Megson, and of course a manager who had left Wigan after relegating them. That was the limit of our ‘ambition’ back then. We are more than capable of repeating a similar trick.

As much as I hate blue bill, Gary Megson was not in the running.Sadly the others were.

without wanting to sound like a broken record, if it were going to be nuno, the deal would've been done days ago. you don't interview someone and then 'um and ah' over it. time is of the essence. i'm convinced brands has someone better up his sleeve.

This is Everton mate.

Mourinho + Everton is either the greatest thing to ever hit the league or the biggest car crash in modern times, there would be no in between. I would take those 50/50 odds though, just to see the ol' lady to go out with a swan song of frothing, bear pit, blue smoke glory...ahh, dreams.

giphy.gif

Mourinho ?
Did you not see what he did to a talent-packed and attack-minded Spurs team? Why would he behave any differently at Everton - disrespecting the fans with boring, negative play and being hated by his players. Mourinho is a busted flush.... never to darken UK shores again. Thank god for that.

He’s been talking to Palace before us, so maybe he’s been weighing up his options?
If he is even considering Palace over us then he's the wrong man for the job. I'm sorry but this is a major issue. We have to compete with absolute dross because they simply exist in London. That's why we have to look left field. We've had players reject us for West Ham because they want to live in London. If that's the case then we've dodged a bullet. Managers and players MUST want to be here or we end up with another Sandro Ramirez situation.

Hiring Nuno would be too much of a marriage of convenience to suggest there was a process.

I'm sure there is plenty of interest in the job for the pay on offer. It's just a case of whether there is a process to sift the wheat from the chaff.

I'll support Nuno if it's him but it would really indicate Brands cannot function properly in his role, and it wouldn't bode well.

Still have to wait and see.

Nuno wouldn't be a disaster but we would need to bring in much better players this summer even for his defensive style.

You're talking 1x CM, 1x RB, 1x RW and likely 1xCB if he opts with 3 at the back.

I doubt the fool who is our DOF has what it takes to do that though he leaves us short every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.