New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes and Benitez will both have the same issue in that if they don’t hit the ground running then the fans are going to have ZERO patience with them

That’s not not conducive to stability, which is what we need right now if there genuinely is a long term plan
I reckon 70% of the fanbase would be willing Everton to lose so they can get Moyes and Benitez out the door ASAP.

It would be a grave, grave error, thankfully an error that only happens if we allow Bill a say, which we wont.

Could be misremembering but I feel like Holgate’s best games have been in a 3

I only put Godfrey in as otherwise people would start on the whole CB discussion and go off topic again...

I like Holgate...had a poor season but gets another chance now.

I've been impressed with Brighton every time I've watched them, and the stats back that up.

If they could finish they would've finished in Europe.

True...i remember catching some games where their forwards kept missing the goal...Trossard missed 4 in one game i watched and Connolly and Maupay didnt seem up to it.

Potter seems to have more fans here than he does at Brighton

I remember there were rumours about their fans wanting him sacked...either last Dec or the year before i think.

He plays a low block in defence, his middle CB plays as a sweeper.

We have the defenders.

442 seems to be his most used formation, but hes very flexible.

I supect with our players he would play 352.

Pickers
Godders - Keane - Mina
Coleman - Doucs - Allan - Gomes - Digne
DCL - Rico

I probably need to watch some videos on him.

Thought he played 343....

If he goes with that above team and setup i wouldnt want him at all.

Zat touched on it a little, our wide attacking options are all mostly Aids, very, very bad Aids.

Realistically we need a RW and LW, cos none of the options are worth a spot.

Hamez of course, but he cant be relied upon sadly and personally I see him being moved on.

So 1 way to solve the lack of wide options, is to just not use them.

But Outs will determine Ins, as I keep saying, numbers wise, RB aside, we are sitting on a good number of players, we simply need to remove bad players and replace with good.
Agree with this 100%

Here is a snippet of Brighton fans thoughts on him going to Tottenham from a forum

Would
love to watch Spurs Twitter when they only win once at home in a year.

Tottenham interested in employing the manager of a team currently laying 17th in the table after fighting a relegation battle all season, yeah right.

don't think Potters stock is anywhere near high enough yet to get such a high profile job, added to the fact he's not really foreign enough.

No Prem team will be looking to take Potter off our hands just yet, not while we sit 17th in the league. They will be looking to see if our 'he needs a decent striker' theory is correct. If we sign a clinical striker in the summer to put away all these chances we create and then finish next season in the 10th to 13th bracket then you may see interest from bigger teams

Potter could have a career earning millions without achieving anything significant in the game it happens sometimes. Had a bit of success in Sweden in a pub league, mid table finish with Swansea relegation scrap with us then on to Spurs for £8m a year

He plays a low block in defence, his middle CB plays as a sweeper.

We have the defenders.

442 seems to be his most used formation, but hes very flexible.

I supect with our players he would play 352.

Pickers
Godders - Keane - Mina
Coleman - Doucs - Allan - Gomes - Digne
DCL - Rico

Looks like Potter picked that up from Ancelotti.

Here is a snippet of Brighton fans thoughts on him going to Tottenham from a forum

Would

Tottenham interested in employing the manager of a team currently laying 17th in the table after fighting a relegation battle all season, yeah right.

don't think Potters stock is anywhere near high enough yet to get such a high profile job, added to the fact he's not really foreign enough.

No Prem team will be looking to take Potter off our hands just yet, not while we sit 17th in the league. They will be looking to see if our 'he needs a decent striker' theory is correct. If we sign a clinical striker in the summer to put away all these chances we create and then finish next season in the 10th to 13th bracket then you may see interest from bigger teams

Potter could have a career earning millions without achieving anything significant in the game it happens sometimes. Had a bit of success in Sweden in a pub league, mid table finish with Swansea relegation scrap with us then on to Spurs for £8m a year
Now do Everton forum quotes on Carlo Ancelotti.

Or give me the bluemoon quotes on Pep after they lost the CL final.

Or even Arsenal forum prior to them sacking Wenger.

If we want to stay white haired Italian, Gasperini just Photoshop the new kit onto last season's team photo and nobody might notice.

Hes the 1 unknown for me.

People like Moyes have been given top jobs and failed, Nunos Wolves burnt themselves out, Rafael is a fat bellend, Stevie G is a kopite bellend, Pirlo has lovely hair and so on.

Potter? Well nobody knows.

I just people are seeing things that aren't there has he really done better at Brighton than Chris Hughton did?

I hate this assumption that DF has passion, if that was really true why have the team down tools on the last 5 managers.
Same with the Duncan will fire them up... again not true based on the last 5 managers

Did he have that big a voice in the changing room, he wasn`t the main man so may not have had the input some think he might. Conte seems the type of guy who would enhance that, Simeone I imagine would as well.

Hugely underwhelming if it’s potter, His team play pretty football but lack substance, can’t see many players wanting to sign for him or stick around for him either, and can he get a grip of these dossers? Doubt it

and he looks like a knock off edmure tully from game of thrones

Would

Yet some would want him here :confused:

Would be a woeful appointment , 1st 2 defeats at home he'd be brutalised.

Status
Not open for further replies.