New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Conte coming is likely but I wouldn't underestimate our chances too much. We've outspent Spurs in recent years and are likely to do so again.

I would have said there was no chance the snake would rock up at Goodison but he did. I recall towards the end of the season there were rumblings Mosh was planning a significant wedge to be spent on players this summer and CAs body language and answers around recruitment seemed to back that up.

If it's true CA was 100% onboard prior to Real calling on Monday, we weren't even managerless when Conte started negotiation with Spurs.

It could get interesting now...or we could end up with Eddie Howe. Somehow I doubt Moshiri would accept the latter.

Nuno attained consecutive top 7 Premier League finishes with Wolves on a relatively small budget. He also had an almost 50% win percentage at Wolves, despite managing them in the Prem for 3 of the 4 seasons. Yes Wolves were mediocre last season but they were plagued by injuries.
Small budget, are you sure lol
Their debt on spending is very similar to ours over the last 4/5 years

Going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons here... rank from best to worst in terms of getting the Everton hot seat:

Nuno
Dyche
Potter
Moyes

For me:

Dyche
Nuno
Moyes
Potter

Nuno attained consecutive top 7 Premier League finishes with Wolves on a relatively small budget. He also had an almost 50% win percentage at Wolves, despite managing them in the Prem for 3 of the 4 seasons. Yes Wolves were mediocre last season but they were plagued by injuries.
And again plagued my injuries your miles off. Yes so Jimenez only played 10 prem games. And Boly played 21. Neto missed the last 9 games. I think podence also missed a few games. They had a few issues at full back, even though it’s not really known who their first choice full backs are. Not like Digne missing for us .

So as for an injury crisis, I’d of loved theirs at Everton last season

....I honestly don’t think Moshiri has a clue about Football. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hadn’t heard of Ancelotti before he joined.

He’ll sit on his yacht waiting for the people around him to nominate their candidates. He’ll have been impressed by Ancelotti’s CV. He’ll want stability whilst he’s developing the stadium, he won’t want high risk.

Thats my take.

Harsh on Carlo and Moshiri.

I think he knows enough about football by now since running us. The interesting thing will be when Usmanov spoke with Carlo and discussed future plans.

Will Usmanov be more involved with our next manager?
Will they push the boat out for a big name?
Is FFP still on the table?
Ultimately what is this projects goals?

I think he trusts his board and I think no stone will be unturned but we have 3 or so years before we leave Goodison, I hope they are planning short term goals for success in the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.